Pirana Poker Q3 finals last night.

Played in the Pirana poker finals last night at Hollywoods on the Queensway in Toronto last night. 152 qualifiers, I only finished 85th but 2 guys from Milton played head to head for the belt. My friend Deke took the title after surviving on a chip and chair for much of the middle part of the tournament. Not quite sure how many all-ins he survived during that period. Anyhow the 3 top finishers all won buy-ins to tournaments at Foxwoods or Seneca near Buffalo.
Go Milton Go......   I think there were about a 10 Milton qualifiers in the field......

Comments

• Wow, I didn't know the players from the Milton bars were so dominant. I think I know who Deke (Dave) is, but what does the 2nd place finisher Bob S. look like? What time did the fun event finish?

In the final qualification tournament of the Pirana Poker Tour, 3 of the top 6 players were also from Milton. I think Milton has much fewer players than other regions but had by far the highest percentage who qualified for the championship tournament.
  • Bob is an older guy, actually probably in his 60's, very patient, and extremely good at reading the "young" guns... LOL, we all play at the Post Office and Hot Rods in Milton, sometimes at the Muddy Moose in Mississauga. Bob and I were there last night. Some of us have half a century of poker experience, may not be hold-em but it's all poker! Tonight we are at Hot Rods playing the heads up event... Come out and I'll introduce you. Jeff...
    P.S. The final finished about 1:15 I believe.
  • If im reading correctly the heads up event tonight is restricted to certain ppl playing?

The regular events at postoffice on mondays and hot rods on wednesdays are they open to anyone? and how many ppl is max, as well as do they fill up?
  • All nights except playoffs are open to anyone, basically on Mondays we get about 4 tables and 3 on Wednesdays although it is growing. Come out, introduce yourself and have fun. I'm the older guy with a mustache and usually wearing a Canadian Open ball cap, names Jeff...
    PS. On Thursdays you can play at Hardball, about 6-7 tables and part of the National Poker Tour.