Playing under a bounty.

Just idle curiosity... not asking for any particular reason...

Do you guys think that one should make any adjustments in strategy if there is a bounty on one's head?

Comments

• Try not to let anyone bust you out.
  • Change your Paradise Poker UserID to BiGFiSh43826.

ScottyZ
  • Looks like aces is nervous about saturday..
  • all_aces wrote:
    Just idle curiosity... not asking for any particular reason...

Do you guys think that one should make any adjustments in strategy if there is a bounty on one's head?
    Definitely. Call all of my big bets. Every last one. Especially the last one.
  • Ok what am I missing on Saturday?
  • Redington wrote:
    Ok what am I missing on Saturday?

I looked up...never mind
  • Count on getting called. Put the bluffing weapons away.

Buy in $10 and bounty $50 ... that's odds enough to call with any two.
  • Thanks Dave, this is working perfectly.  Exactly according to the plan I laid out in my email to you.

Step 1) I post something about how to play under a bounty.

Step 2) You tell me, in a public forum, that I shouldn't bluff.

Step 3) I bluff my ass off in the tournament, hoping that many of the entrants will have read this thread.

Excellent.

Good point about my opponents having odds to call me with any two...  I'll have to start slowly.
  • Step 3) I bluff my ass off in the tournament, hoping that many of the entrants will have read this thread.

I honestly thought this earlier today. It's a great example of thinking in levels.

Here are the various possibilities.

Call the opponent player B

Level 0: B knows that AA should not bluff.
    Level 1: B knows that AA knows that AA should not bluff
    Level 2: B knows that AA knows that B knows that AA should not bluff.

Only attempt to bluff out players who think at the even numbered levels.

ScottyZ
  • all_aces wrote:
    Thanks Dave, this is working perfectly. Exactly according to the plan I laid out in my email to you.

Step 1) I post something about how to play under a bounty.

Step 2) You tell me, in a public forum, that I shouldn't bluff.

Step 3) I bluff my ass off in the tournament, hoping that many of the entrants will have read this thread.

Excellent.
    Now that you have pointed that out, you are going to get called again, but then again they may have read this and are now thinking that they know you aren't not going to not bluff with good cards that are beatable or not.

So where are we now?
  • For the record, I never bluff anyway. All that stuff in my WSOP trip reports is crap. It's lies. It's an image play to get action on my AA which is the only hand I ever play.