Winning by verbal tap out!!!

LoL...this was pretty funny.  Was playing in three table $20 buy-in on PokerStars last night when the villain and I got into a pretty lengthy heads up battle.  I could tell he was getting fairly frustrated starting to push all in instead of his normal raises when he announces:

PokerStars Game #2621875849: Tournament #12807126, Hold'em No Limit -
Level IX (300/600) - 2005/09/20 - 18:25:59 (ET)
Table '12807126 1' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: the_freezerr (12211 in chips)
Seat 4: sweetjimmi (14789 in chips)
the_freezerr: posts the ante 50
sweetjimmi: posts the ante 50
sweetjimmi: posts small blind 300
the_freezerr: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sweetjimmi [Jd 4c]
sweetjimmi: folds
the_freezerr collected 700 from pot
the_freezerr said, "ok u win im outta patients!!!"

He went on to push all-in for the next two hands...the second in which I found a hand and won.  I had this happen before but I have never seen/heard the verbal declaration before.

Comments

• verbal is binding.

:D
  • Was he a doctor, playing in his office near the end of the day?
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Was he a doctor, playing in his office near the end of the day?

Probably not. Many doctors know the difference between the words "patients" and "patience". Besides, if he was all out of patients, he would most likely be unemployed rather han a doctor. Although, he may have still qualified as a doctorb. ("The 'b' is for bargain!")

I'm actually surprised that the final word there was at least some word that was spelled correctly, rather than something like "payshuns". Wel dun!

ScottyZ
  • you mean like

resent or recent.

lol
  • Usually when people say that I fold - because it quite often is a trick to get you to call while the villian sits with :ah :ac

If they really mean it, there is always the next hand.

I see it a lot in MTT's too. Somebody announces that they have to leave so please take my chips, then they roll over their cowboys or whatever and take you out.
  • I play alot of SNG's while at work (shhhh don't tell) and I have had to say that many times. Usually they don't believe you at first, which is probably the right first impression. It usually takes me a few hands to finally get out when I really have to leave.

I don't think it's a very good play if you are really holding a monster hand, but is there any ethics in poker?
  • Why surrender as opposed to the "sit out" option? I personally hate it when people sit out, it really slows the progress of the game down, especially in a SnG - however it is only one step down from the "I have to go all-in". Maybe I just don't like it because I never get a good enough hand to call with in these scenarios ....
  • playing 5/10 yesterday, i sat at a table and watched a guy go up about +$500  (he was playing poorly though)

after being sucked out on twice in a row for about $200, he declares  "F*** THIS IM CAPPING EVERY POT YOU FISHYIES(sic)"
    and that he did...   

he lost the $500 in front of him, and the $300 he rebought with

I ended the hour +20BBs    :D
  • I love it! Always nice when you find a huge donator!