**Sunday Tournament Action in Toronto**

Sunday Rebuy Tournament at The Unit!

This October 2nd the unit will be hosting a poker tournament starting at 6pm!  Players ask for a weekend tournament so we deliver!  Dinner will be served by our lovely hostess at 5pm.  All additional food and drinks will be provided by the unit.

Details of the tournament are as follows;

* Tournament starts at 6pm; please call 647.829.UNIT (8648) to reserve a seat.
* 1-3 Tables
* 60 Buy-in, 30 Rebuys, 30 Add-on
* Four (4) positions paid (40/30/20/10%) + 5th place will receive 50% off their buy-in into our 2/5 NL ring game.
* Starting chip amount is 2000 chips.
* Rebuys can be purchased as long as you are at or under the starting chip amount for 2000 chips.
* Add-on will be available at the first break for 4000 chips.
* 30 Minutes for the first two blind levels, 20 minute increments afterwards.

Give us a call anytime for any additional details at 647.829.UNIT (8648). Players can come in any time to register for the tournament.

Following the tournament we'll be starting a live NL Ring game (1/2, 2/5).

We're looking forward to seeing you at the unit! Once again feel free to call or e-mail for any details regarding Sunday.

Thanks,
The Unit
theunit2@hotmail.com
647.829. UNIT(8648)

Comments

• I just started playing the tuesday tournies at the unit and i like the way they run it.This sunday tourny sounds even better,being able to rebuy at the starting chip level or less makes sense to me.Brent's tourny last weekend was stupid the way they had the rebuys set up,if you were put out there realy wasnt much point in rebuying because you were soo short staked compared to even the pple who still had just the starting chip level.In fact i dont think ill be going to anymore of brents tournys,he realy donsnt come across to me as a person who has his shit together.The unit on the other hand seems like they are more professonal and realy know what they are doing.
  • One more thing is that at the unit,if they need to move a person they make sure the person does not come on the table as the small blind or anything.Unlike brents tourny on saturday.
  • flushedin1 wrote:
    I just started playing the tuesday tournies at the unit and i like the way they run it.This sunday tourny sounds even better,being able to rebuy at the starting chip level or less makes sense to me.Brent's tourny last weekend was stupid the way they had the rebuys set up,if you were put out there realy wasnt much point in rebuying because you were soo short staked compared to even the pple who still had just the starting chip level.In fact i dont think ill be going to anymore of brents tournys,he realy donsnt come across to me as a person who has his shit together.The unit on the other hand seems like they are more professonal and realy know what they are doing.

It's called a double rebuy, get a clue.

I take it you won Brent's tourney?
  • Gotta agree with flushedin. That tourny is pretty sick, I play every week and got zero complaints.. Plus.. the new blonde russian hostess is smookkkiinn :D.

This sunday one seems like it'll be pretty good... I'll be there, should be a big prize pool.

lates
  • I like the tournament structure... get a lot of play... blinds don't raise like crazy like most tournys... Guess it doesnt matter to me though when I got knocked out second hand last week!! haha :rage: I'm taking down this Sunday.. GUARANTEED :ah :ac :ad :as
  • I take it you won Brent's tourney?

No actualy,but i did make it to the final table.
  • Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great reviews! Every week we're trying to make the tournament better to accomodate our players.

Remember, for this Sunday's tournament you can call in to reserve a seat or leave half of your buy-in anytime to also reserve a seat.

** Note, We will be hosting our Friday Night 1/2 No-Limit Game tonight if anyone is interested**

Thanks,
    The Unit
    647.829.UNIT
    theunit2@hotmail.com
  • So do you guys have many players pre-regestered?
  • Absolutely..

Looks like its going to be a good day!

See you all for the tourny!

The Unit
  • How many runners do you average on sundays?

:c: :d: :rage::s: :h:
  • This is our first Sunday tournament, our Tuesday tournaments fill 3 tables. So with the same interest it should be a full event.

The Unit
  • Congratulations to Daniel in taking down The Unit's Sunday Tournament!

He played solid poker all the way through knocking out four people on the final table in the first four hands dealt and cruised his way to victory.

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this Sunday tournament a success.

The Unit
  • **Update**

Hi Everyone,

Once again The Unit is hosting our Sunday Rebuy Tournament. Last week was a big success and this upcoming week is looking great. Remember to feel free to call us anytime to reserve a spot.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone out this Sunday!

The Unit
    theunit2@hotmail.com
    647.829.UNIT (8648)
  • Hey Guys.. Sign me up

Sorry I missed last Tuesday, work ran late. I'm digging Sundays though. Nothing better then Football and Poker on a Sunday!

Are you guys going to be playing any of the games on your TV's?? I think I'm going to be more worried about how much I lose there then at the tables..lol

See you guys tomorrow,
    bobby
  • Hi Bobby,

Just give us a call at 647.829.8648 and we'll register you a spot for the tournament.

As always we'll have football playing for our football fans. Go Eagles!

See you all on Sunday.

The Unit
  • Action from Kitchener. Is there a tournament Oct. 9th.?I'd be interested. E-mail details.
    Thanks.
    Larry L.
  • Tournament tomorrow?

How many players last week?
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Tournament tomorrow?

How many players last week?

No tourney tomorrow just the 1-2 NL ring game.
    The UNIT will be hosting a 1/2 No Limit game on Sundays.  Min 50, Max 200.The game tonight will start at approx. 8pm.

As always, snacks and refreshements will be served on us.  If you would like a seat, please feel free to contact us at 647.829.8648.

The Unit
  • GTA there is a tourny at the Training Room today though. 3pm $60 buy in +$30 rebuy for first hour.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6624.0
  • Yeah, I know I'm going, just wanted a to try something different once...thanks