Drinking and Gambling.

I was just watching PTI on ESPN and Norman Chad said that Men the Master drank 11 Coronas in 3.5 hours at this years WSOP.

Is he too hardcore? Is this smart? What else was he on?

I have mixed feelings on the topic, since drinking and gambling have a rich tradition and it's been proven to be technically impossible to bet on boxing and watch it while not drinking. But 11 Corona's? That's crazy chico!

Comments

• this years wsop?
  • Actually, I think the finals of the WSOP aren't until later this week - if I am correct. Can someone verify this?

Maybe Chad was talking about Men's final table before he got knocked out. I dunno - all I know was he said he drank 11 corona's in 3.5 hours while playing in the WSOP.

That is still hardcore. The last time I drank 11 corona's in Vegas, I was trying to get my hands on a different kind of "pairs..."
  • Main event started on Saturday, maybe he means on that day. If he did, I wouldn't be surprised considering his results.
  • The last time I drank 11 corona's in Vegas, I was trying to get my hands on a different kind of "pairs..."

ROFLMAO. Nice, very nice. As for drinking and poker, I wouldn't get hammered in a tournament, or for that matter a cash game either.

However, when it's just the guys at someone's house playing, it's a different story altogether. For me, it adds another interesting twist to poker: how drunk can I get before I forget what 'outs' are? Then, it's a matter of trying to dance on that line.

One thing that should not be overlooked (or overused) is that the right amount of alcohol combined with the right type of person in the right type of mood can actually help a player's game. Normally passive players can sometimes step up their game to a much more profitable, aggressive level. I've seen it many times, and have occasionally experienced it myself.

Then I realized it's probably better just to always be playing that way. Um, aggressively, not hammered. :D

Regards,
    all_aces
  • how drunk can I get before I forget what 'outs' are?

LOL

You can also try:

How drunk can I get before I forget what 'Kings' are?

ScottyZ
  • apparantly local Las Vegas player Mike Laing at this years WSOP is drinking, making the stoopid calls and hitting the river. At least thats what I have read online so far.
  • I once read an interview with Men and he said that Coronas just don't get him drunk. After drinking them this May 2-4 weekend, I can easily say 11 Coronas made me a wee bit "tipsy".
  • Coronas?? .. don't know about u guys but Moosehead is the best beer.. good old canadian beer.. and i don't consider myself a label peeler either
  • I remember seeing Scotty Nguyen drinking while playing at last year's WSOP main event...
  • I experimented myself with drinking and playing a tournament a few days ago. See my post "Pokerstars 1015 rebuy"
    I found that i was more agressive and played alot more hands than normal.

The World Series is a "Series" of tournaments. Every day there is a new tournament starting. 7 card stud, holdem, omaha and others are played.
    So there is a final table every day. The main event is the $10 000 buyin no limit holdem. So yes Men the master was drinking at a final table of one of the events but not the main event. I saw Men in Foxwoods for the World Poker Finals last november and he made the final table of the $300 limit holdem. He was drinking corona there too.( he won by the way)
  • Coronas?? .. don't know about u guys but Moosehead is the best beer.. good old canadian beer.. and i don't consider myself a label peeler either

Moosehead is surely the greatest beer created :D
  • I once read an interview with Men and he said that Coronas just don't get him drunk. After drinking them this May 2-4 weekend, I can easily say 11 Coronas made me a wee bit "tipsy".

I would be tipsy after about 6. After 11 I would probably be down and out for at least 24 hours.
  • djw wrote:
    I once read an interview with Men and he said that Coronas just don't get him drunk. After drinking them this May 2-4 weekend, I can easily say 11 Coronas made me a wee bit "tipsy".

I would be tipsy after about 6. After 11 I would probably be down and out for at least 24 hours.

4.gif I'm ALL IN 12.gif
  • djw wrote:
    I once read an interview with Men and he said that Coronas just don't get him drunk. After drinking them this May 2-4 weekend, I can easily say 11 Coronas made me a wee bit "tipsy".

You would be surprised how many Coronas you can drink. It is extremely weak beer, which is why it tastes so great.
  • djw wrote:

You would be surprised how many Coronas you can drink. It is extremely weak beer, which is why it tastes so great.

Oh I'm not surprised.. I've tried it. I can't drink beer all night long like some people, I need to switch it up after 6 or so or else I get totally out of it. :D
  • I would be tipsy after about 6. After 11 I would probably be down and out for at least 24 hours.

I'm quite the cheap drunk myself. In my case, you probably have to divide all these numbers by about 10. :)

ScottyZ
  • I wish I was a cheap drunk...it would a lot less expensive thats for sure. :(
  • I wish I was a cheap drunk...it would a lot less expensive thats for sure. :(

lol :lol: :shock: :lol: