Jordan Berkowitz- WCOOP Champion

Have any of you seen or heard of this guy?

As I was watching the final table last night, he was really animated about "WHO" he was, so I checked it out, here is an artice about him. Pretty crazy story.

http://www.syncmag.com/article2/0,1895,1763272,00.asp

Clearly the kid has amazing talent, but personally I think his attitude sucks. It seemed like he was getting to Barry Greenstien and Greg Raymer, who were doing the radio broadcast.

Oh well, hes over a half million dollars richer so hes happy.

Comments

• Inetersting article.

So, unless this guy won back-to-back, who won the WCOOP main event in 2005?

ScottyZ
  • He placed 7th last year, and first this year, I believe.
  • The linked article (written in Dec. 2004) suggests that Jordan Berkowitz won the WCOOP main event in 2004. Did he also place 7th in 2005 or something like that?

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    The linked article (written in Dec. 2004) suggests that Jordan Berkowitz won the WCOOP main event in 2004. Did he also place 7th in 2005 or something like that?
    No it don't! :D
  • sorey fokes my reeding compree hen chin aint not 2 gud

That's pretty damn sick.

ScottyZ
  • His mom sounds like a complete idiot. A rich, complete idiot.
  • It is an interesting article...he'll make a good guest on Dr. Phil when he and his mom show up there in 5 years talking about his glory days when he was 18 and riding high.

By then he'll be 23 still living with mom,  uneducated and chances are the $500000.00 will be long gone, hopefully they'll still have the trailer.

But, wtf, enjoy the ride while you can.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    It is an interesting article...he'll make a good guest on Dr. Phil when he and his mom show up there in 5 years talking about his glory days when he was 18 and riding high.

By then he'll be 23 still living with mom,  uneducated and chances are the $500000.00 will be long gone, hopefully they'll still have the trailer.

But, wtf, enjoy the ride while you can.
    I dunno. I didn't see anything in there that would lead me to conclude he would blow his wad on his mom. Possibly on that girl who was on his bed? (He does seem fixated on getting rimmed, though.)

It would be nice if he had stayed in school. Just in case. His mom really let him take the easy way out. That's why I'm calling her the idiot. So far it has worked out for him.

Jeez, if I was 17 and had 500k, LOOKOUT! Meh, if I had 500k now...
  • Barry Greenstien made a few comments mentioning that he was positve he would go broke soon.
    He even made reference to having Jordan join him in the "BIG GAME" playing 4000/8000.

Anyways, it will be neat to see this kids carreer progress.
  • I don't wish for the kid that won to go broke, just his age, lack of school (discipline to finish something) seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Of course, adding 500000.00 to the bankroll won't hurt. But, in perspective, Ivey etal have 1 million dollar swings A NIGHT at times.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    I don't wish for the kid that won to go broke, just his age, lack of school (discipline to finish something) seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Of course, adding 500000.00 to the bankroll won't hurt. But, in perspective, Ivey etal have 1 million dollar swings A NIGHT at times.

Wolffhound/Yoda: Broke you with go, hrmmf!! Spending your winnings on Mommy and loose women is not the way of The Jedi!!!! Training you must complete!! Only then will you be a Jedi, ready to face the Master of the Sith, Lord Hellmuth!!!! hmmf!!!!
  • Sounds like we might have another Matusow on our hands.
  • I didn't see anything in there that would lead me to conclude he would blow his wad on his mom

I don't have anything to add to that, just thought it warranted a closer look.

As for Jordan, I don't think anyone that age would be able to handle these big poker wins. By 'handle' I mean: avoiding the need to talk about it all the time, avoiding the urge to brag about it all the time, trying not to be playing (or want to be playing) all the time, etc. He will drive his friends nuts, and he will attract women who want to be with him for the wrong reasons.

If he can hang onto the cash, though, in about 5 years he will (hopefully) have matured to the point where his poker winnings are bigger than his ego.
  • all_aces wrote:
    As always, excellent insight. It all seems a bit hard to swallow.

This will be an interesting guy to watch in the next couple years. You can't chalk this all up to luck. His weaknesses are his immaturity and lack of education. We'll have to see how he handles his bankroll over the next few years. I think that, along with the inevitable temptations that come with youth, fame and $$$, will be his biggest challenges.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I didn't see anything in there that would lead me to conclude he would blow his wad on his mom

Does this mean you have some pics?

ScottyZ
  • Amazing what you can find on the internet. Do a google 'image' search with the appropriate key words...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Amazing what you can find on the internet. Do a google 'image' search with the appropriate key words...

That's hot!

http://images.google.ca/images?q=the+appropriate+key+words&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

ScottyZ
  • Ok, let's get off the mother already. Did you see the chick he's got in bed? What's up with the ugly dog? So many questions, so little to do with poker...
  • 683.jpg

braclet me pls
  • guy must be doing something right though. how many people win 20g playing Magic? let alone when you are < 17
  • The Main, I came across that pic too, lmao. That and the one with him riding his mentor's back.
    'Brett Favre' (William Jensen), who also cleaned up all WCOOP long on Stars taught his magic buddy to play and theres a hilarious pic of these two kids at Magic camp or something.

As far as what AllAces was saying about handling it:
    I believe, although it will go to his head for awhile, I dont think It will be his obsession to inform everyone about the half million he won.
    I don't think this kid is just about the money. He will on the other hand, be somewhat obsessed with informing everyone that he is infact THE BEST.
    Im sure he now truly believes he is one of the best there is, and sure he will want everyone to know it.
    This is cocky, but in poker it can also be a good thing. (Not my thing tho)
    Anyways as far as this kid coming into a lot of money, it is not new to him. Sure he will lose some. But he will win again too.
    His dad had money. He has had absurd bankrolls on and off as he swings in the biggest games you can play online.
    He is far from a new player, he is fearless and is not afraid to lose.
    He has had 100K downswings before coming into this half million, so Im sure he will again.
    One thing I can assure you. You will hear his name in the poker world again.
  • the kid played about 25 $5000+100 heads up matches today

apparently he pissed away 50k

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3463651&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1
  • I watched him drop about 10g's in a 1/2 hr play 100/200 on Stars.
    Rabscuttle was smart enough to follow him from table to table to take the $.
    The Grinder took a bit off him too.

The play I watch the 100/200 regulars took him apart.
  • hahahahahahahahahahahha

well this kid has played hi stakes b4. I saw noah clean him out at the 300 600 once for many many thousands.
    Last nite alone exclusive/tsoprano went 12-2 against him in 5k hu.
    stars knows the money will never make it offline.
    kid scammed ub for thousands also once, they dont mention that in his article.
  • kid scammed ub for thousands also once, they dont mention that in his article.

Always one for gossip...care to elaborate?
  • zeejustin wrote a great article about him - the two of them used to be on the magic curcuit together

anyhow, zee said that at the time that article was written berkowitz had already lost all the money and was in debt to many poker players....

the article neglected to mention this, as they wanted to make him seem like 'the lebron james of poker'

www.zeejustin.com
  • harthgosh wrote:

kid scammed ub for thousands also once, they dont mention that in his article.

How did he scam UB for thousands, UB had been my site of choice for the past 4 yrs, up until recently.
    I paid close attention to all happenings on that site and the only time a big hoopla came about there was with another underage jewish kid.
    xx Raged xx came into some problems with UB, but I am very curious about Jordans, scam.

Berkowitz, playing 4 heads up 5K matches at a time, is giving away too much advantage to these guys who are already heads up masters that could beat this kid without any help.
    Kid still is outstanding, and will continue to have huge scores here and there.
  • He supposely won the 1 million dollar party poker tourney 3 weeks ago for liek a $ 210K+ score. NASTY!
  • He's Panella86 on Stars, any idea what he goes by on other sites?