Can someone explain the reload bonus to me?

Ok, so Ultimatebet is having a reload bonus right now. So I drop $200 into my account from neteller and collect some bonus bucks. Then 30 seconds later I withdraw the money leaving my original stake plus the bonus bucks. How does Ultimatebet or any site gain from this? Are they banking on those that are already broke re-depositing and just take a hit from others? Are they rewarding frequent players. I just don't see the sites gain so I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• I'm thinking that most people don't take the money out right away. I can see alot of them saying hey, I enough in my bankroll to play 5/10 instead of 3/6. The increased rake contribution in this case is the only way I see them making money.
  • Keep in mind that the bonus money you have at UB (as well as most other sites) is not useable until you unlock it by playing there. So you are generating extra rake by playing at THEIR site instead of the OTHER sites. Many peoples' criteria for choosing a site is based solely on how attractive the signup/reload bonuses are.

hork.
  • Ercules wrote:
    Ok, so Ultimatebet is having a reload bonus right now. So I drop $200 into my account from neteller and collect some bonus bucks. Then 30 seconds later I withdraw the money leaving my original stake plus the bonus bucks. How does Ultimatebet or any site gain from this? Are they banking on those that are already broke re-depositing and just take a hit from others? Are they rewarding frequent players. I just don't see the sites gain so I thought I'd ask.

As you know you need a number of Player Points or raked hands to release your Bonus.
    Each raked hand you play at their tables is cash for the Poker Room. They are living from ring games and not really from the Tournament entry fees. It is a good Deal for all of us. Poker Rooms and Player.

Now to reach 100 raked hands ( as example ) it can cost you a few hundred bucks or just 20. Depends on your skill and the way you play. The rake has to be at least 0.25$ ( which is 5$ in the pot ) and you will be awarded with 1 point/hand.

This keeps the table full of players and thats how they make their money and award us and frequent Player.

Watch out a little of reload bonuses and read the requirments and terms at the Poker Sites.
    You cant withdraw today and deposit it tomorrow to have the advantage of the reload and so on.

Hope to help you there a little :)
  • QUESTION: So If I deposited into UB to get their MAX BONUS. Would it be a INSTABONUS, ie account now has deposit + Their $$$$?
  • You get the bonus $$ right away, but they only leak into your access slowly at a rate of x $ per y raked hands played.
    I find that UB bonus $$ take an excruciatingly long time to retrieve, but I otherwise like the site. :fish:
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    You get the bonus $$ right away, but they only leak into your access slowly at a rate of x $ per y raked hands played.
    I find that UB bonus $$ take an excruciatingly long time to retrieve, but I otherwise like the site. :fish:
    Im a bit confused. SO for example, they have a 40% reload. I deposit $100. Will I then have $140? Can I withdraw like $100 and have the 40 accessible (not withdrawble), meaning I can play a $30+3 and be on a CoMPLETE FREEROLL?
  • No. It goes into a bonus account.

The balance in your bonus account gets transferred to your money account incrementally based on the # of Ultimate points you accumulate.