Comments

• Could bring up a new low in slow-rolling someone...
  • "Fast tables can do more than one hand per day but that is unusual."

Holy smokes.
  • Sound like Correspondence Chess... takes a certain mind set!!!
  • Is anyone in this?
  • I registered for it, but then I got in an argument with the floorman and I am now on my one and only warning. Any more potty mouth from me and I am going to get kicked out. :D

It is quite annoying actually. I am getting 30-40 emails a day for hand updates, broadcast messages, dealer messages, reminders, etc... By the time I sift through all of them, figure out which ones I have to reply to and send in my action, it's too late and I am put on "vacation" again, which is why my warning came about in the first place. I was dealt AA, when it was my time to bet I sent in the reply "Raise $300" and then waited.... I got back a reminder email saying it was my turn to bet, so I sent in another email "Raise $300" and waited again... then I got an email back saying "Have a great Vacation" and my cards were mucked.....

I am picturing 1200 computer nerds all sitting around their computers anxiously awaiting that familiar "YOU HAVE MAIL" and they eagerly open their poker email just to type "Fold".
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    It is quite annoying actually. I am getting 30-40 emails a day for hand updates, broadcast messages, dealer messages, reminders, etc... By the time I sift through all of them, figure out which ones I have to reply to and send in my action, it's too late and I am put on "vacation" again, which is why my warning came about in the first place. I was dealt AA, when it was my time to bet I sent in the reply "Raise $300" and then waited.... I got back a reminder email saying it was my turn to bet, so I sent in another email "Raise $300" and waited again... then I got an email back saying "Have a great Vacation" and my cards were mucked.....
    Yeah, there's a lot of "junk mail" from it. 2 suggestions, if it helps. First, send "read picky", then you'll only get "important" messages. Second, make sure you only reply to emails with "ID=xxx" in the subject (my wife got put on vacation for that).
    MDSGuy wrote:
    I am picturing 1200 computer nerds all sitting around their computers anxiously awaiting that familiar "YOU HAVE MAIL" and they eagerly open their poker email just to type "Fold".
    :) With the pace of this game, waiting for the mail would be pretty sad. I'm usually online 12+ hrs a day anyway, so I guess I'm one of the nerds (although the term "computer geek" is the PC term ;) ).

What's your name in the tourney?
  • I am TML24, table b18.
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I am TML24, table b18.

Beanie42, table b81. Good luck (at least until we're at the same table :) ).