Party Poker Shootouts?

Can anyone explain to me how these Shootout things work?

What is the advantage over a single table sit-and-go or a multi-sit-and-go.

I have read some posts about them, but I honestly don't get the point of them.

THanks.

Shook

Comments

• Not sure if it's the same type of "shootout" I've played, but if so, it's basically blackjack with a Texas Hold'em twist.

You get 4 cards, choose the two you want as your hole cards (or you can split them and play 2 hands), and then the dealer pulls 5 cards from the deck... if your hand beats the dealer you double your money (or better, if you've played the bonus spot and hit a really good hand).

I could be completely off on this though, I've never played the shootout games on Party Poker.
  • doctorbs wrote:
    Not sure if it's the same type of "shootout" I've played, but if so, it's basically blackjack with a Texas Hold'em twist.

You get 4 cards, choose the two you want as your hole cards (or you can split them and play 2 hands), and then the dealer pulls 5 cards from the deck... if your hand beats the dealer you double your money (or better, if you've played the bonus spot and hit a really good hand).

I could be completely off on this though, I've never played the shootout games on Party Poker.

No it is quite different from that http://www.partypoker.com/games/tournaments/shootout.html basically it's like playing several SnG's with a MTT tacked on at the end.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    No it is quite different from that http://www.partypoker.com/games/tournaments/shootout.html basically it's like playing several SnG's with a MTT tacked on at the end.

Wow, that's a very interesting format... I may have to give those a try sometime soon.

To answer your question Shook, "What is the advantage over a single table sit-and-go or a multi-sit-and-go."

With these shootout tournaments, if you place in the top 3 you not only win money for that round (similar to a regular 6 person SnG, except that they usually only pay out the top 2 spots, not 3), but you also advance on to the next round (once all the tables have 3 people left).  The next round is just like starting another single table SnG, where the top 3 spots pay, but again the top 3 spots will move on to the next round.  If you only make it through first 2 rounds before you get knocked out, you'll still make money, whereas a regular multi-table tournament you wouldn't make anything. And if you make it all the way to the top 3, or even win the whole thing, you'll have the money you collected in the first rounds of the shootout tournament, along with the money you'll get for placing in the top spots at the very end of the tournament.

I guess it's just a nice way of rewarding people along the way, instead of making them stick around until the bitter end in order to make some money. However, I'd guess that the prize payouts for the final table wouldn't be as high as they would for a regular MTT with the same amount of people, since some of the prize pool has already been paid out in the earlier rounds of the shootout tournament.
  • Has anyone found success with these?

How long do they take????

Let me know whats up.

Thanks Guys.
  • Magithighs, posted a while back when he won the two table steps. Was a nice pay day...$9,000 I think.
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Magithighs, posted a while back when he won the two table steps. Was a nice pay day...$9,000 I think.

These 'shootout' tournaments are completely different from the 'steps' tournaments..
  • My bad...are they something new? Haven't been over to PP in a while.
  • The format looks very cool, gonna have to try one of these.
  • Are these on the skins as well...are they 6 or 10 handed shootouts?

Where are they listed on the tabs -- under tournies or SNGS?

Thanks