Bristol St. Classic XIX - Wed. Sept 14th @ 7pm (Waterloo)

2»

Comments

• List has been updated as of 10:30 this morning. We're full with one three on the waiting list!
  • My apologies. I missed Westside's email which was before Brent's. As the last two on the list, I've moved Cam to first on the waiting. (Unless Brent and Cam want to switch spots.) Being first on the waiting list usually means you get in, but my apologies for making that error.
  • Thanks for another great tourney Rob,

Sooner or later I hope I actually win one of these.

Looking forward to the next one,

Tyson
  • Sorry I didn't make it I had a last minute change of plans and I wasn't near a computer to let you know.

Mike
  • Sirwatts,

Are you in town? have we mpolayed against each other?
  • Hey Rob:

Great tourney.

And Tyson - I had you totally out played.

It had nothing to do with the fact that in the approximately 10 hands we played heads up - I had (not suited naturally)...
    :3c :3c
    :10c :10c
    :qd :qd :
    jd :jd

And last - but certainly not least...
    :8h :8h

There must be some technique to beat that??

Let me know...

GG all.
  • TNORTH wrote:

There must be some technique to beat that??

Let me know...

There is I should have folded more, and managed my stack better...great game and great HU
  • I'm back in Waterloo for school now. We played at Trevor's, I was the guy that moved to your table with about 10-12 left and reraised you all-in my first hand at the table when you mucked AJ.
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you for the great tourney, even though it wasn't my night. Great turn out, and I hope to make it to the next one. Congrats to Tyler, good job on beating Tyson. There is no shame in finishing second Tyson, although I know its tough to finish runner up two in a row. I hope to get a chance to be in that predicament next time. See you soon!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Great tourney Rob, thanks for hosting. Looking forward to the next one.
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you for the great tourney, even though it wasn't my night. Great turn out, and I hope to make it to the next one. Congrats to Tyler, good job on beating Tyson. There is no shame in finishing second Tyson, although I know its tough to finish runner up two in a row. I hope to get a chance to be in that predicament next time. See you soon!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah

Tyler - whose that...wasnt i the one that beat tyson?
  • I know how you feel... Tyson keeps calling me Gord for some reason. LOL

Congrats Tom on taking down Tyson.

/g2
  • Its alright, Tom called Big E (Eric) Ralph...

Only one solution...Hi My Name Is tags   :D

Congrats to Tom on his win, and to Tyson...nice finish after rebuying twice in the first 5 minutes!!!!

I had absolutely no interest in playing cards last night...but, it was Bristol...just had to go!!  Thanks for the game Rob.

Wolffhound  (with 2 F's)
  • Great game, guys. Thanks again to Rob.

JohnnieH
  • g2 wrote:
    I know how you feel... Tyson keeps calling me Gord for some reason. LOL

Congrats Tom on taking down Tyson.

/g2

Well two reasons;

1) Gord is easier to say then G2
    2) G2 is actually a nickname for someone I know named Gord. We had two Gords in the office so the second guy to start was named G2.

Why didn't you correct me? or is it you like being called gord?
  • LOL, it's not the first time, or the second time, so I didn't bother.

By the way... congrats on 2nd place... I'm sure my chips helped you along the way.

To clarify... they weren't a donation.

I was big blind... Tyson was dealer...
    Folded all around to Tyson... he raises... I'm the only caller with 10Ko.
    Flop comes 10 5 3 rainbow.
    I bet about 3/4 the pot... I don't remember who went all-in first, but Tyson flipped over 10A :(
    I thought for sure I'd hit a king, but no such luck.

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    LOL, it's not the first time, or the second time, so I didn't bother.

By the way... congrats on 2nd place... I'm sure my chips helped you along the way.

To clarify... they weren't a donation.

I was big blind... Tyson was dealer...
    Folded all around to Tyson... he raises... I'm the only caller with 10Ko.
    Flop comes 10 5 3 rainbow.
    I bet about 3/4 the pot... I don't remember who went all-in first, but Tyson flipped over 10A :(
    I thought for sure I'd hit a king, but no such luck.

/g2

Never thought your chips were a donation, that hand was easy, you thought I was pure stealing and I just happened to have you dominated. If I were you I would push in on the flop too given what Im prone to raise with :D

Think it is very hard not to go broke in that spot,

I raised on the button

You called

flop,

you bet, I went all in

You called and asked if I had an overpair, at which point I knew I was good