The first look at dave

Boy do you look bored dave..... nice stack though.... if anyone wants to know what the heck i am talking about i think this is officially the first picture of dave at the 2004 wsop posted.... http://www.pokerpages.com/blog/index.php?itemid=14

i am actually not even sure if he is awake....

Comments

• Awesome picture! Dave looks relaxed, to say the least... Look at all those chips!
  • Dave Scharf has over $150,000

WHOA!!!!

That little Buddha is sitting tall!

Go Scharf Go!

ScottyZ
  • Very cool! Go Dave!

As taken from the pokervoice.com:

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 at 3:32 am)

Chip Leaders
    Chip counts apporx

Dave Scharf 150,000
    Gus Hansen 140,000
    Dave Pullen 135,000
    Aviv Shahf 110,000
    Marcel Luske 110,000
    Davin Anderssen 110,000 (TOP TIP FROM SIMON TRUMPER)

Former WSOP champions...
    Chris Ferguson 86,000
    Doyle Brunson 85,000
  • Again: GO DAVE GO!!!

Are you a Buddhist, Dave?
  • holy smokes! I am very excited at your rank right now! Go Dave Go!!!
  • That picture is friggin' awesome.

Less than an hour or so to the end of 'Day 2' (actually Day 3 I guess but u know what I mean). Standings from pokerpages show Dave looking really good:

291 players remaining.

Eddie Scharf $300,000
    Greg Raymer $254,000
    Chuck Agnew $225,000
    Rose Richie $215,000
    Frank Braybec $200,000
    Marcel Luske $200,000
    Dave Scharf $180,000
    John Spadavechia $180,000
    Kevin O'Connel $150,000
    Dan Harrington $145,000
    Lucy Rokach $130,000
    Chris "Jesus" Ferguson $120,000
    Mattias Andersson $110,000
    Tobias Persson $110,000
    Gavin Smith $107,000
    Matthew Hilger $100,000
    Derek Tomko $100,000
    Des Portano $95,000
    Gary Jones $92,000
    Average $88,522
    Annie Duke $85,000
    Phil Gordon $80,000
    Gus Hansen $80,000
    Josh Arieh $75,000
    Russ Hamilton $70,000
    Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot $70,000
    Ali Sarkeshik $65,000
    Mike Matusow $55,000
    Gabe Thaler $45,000
    Erick Lindgren $20,000
    Dewey Tomko $17,000
  • Go Dave. Friggin awesome bud. Crush them all. lol
  • Go Dave!! What fun to follow this!! You da MAN !!!!
  • If you go to :http://www.pokervoice.com/
    There is a Ouote from our hero Dave:

Dave Scharf is here in the media room...
    'I have 189,700 and I made a horrible play at Annie Duke on a drawing dead bluff....then one hour later... I defended the blind with Q 8 of spades after she made it 4,500... flop is As, Js, 8c... I check...she bets 4,000....I raise to 16,000.... she reraises me another 37,000... I go all in..she has in front of her 25,000 and the pot is 110,000.....she lays down after a long time in the tank....because I was pissed offff....all I said was go tell that to Gus too....I showed her the hand....I had a pair of eights!!!

I had 150,000 heading into that hand...
  • Going into Day 4 from pokerpages.com Dave still has a very healthy amount of chips! Dave, see your response to my question about nerves if they start getting to you in these final days. It was great advice, good luck!

ABE MOSSERI $335,300 98 1
    EDUARD SCHARF $311,600 110 7
    CHUCK AGNEW $302,500 104 7
    GREG RAYMER $297,300 118 3
    MARK WILDS $292,800 93 4
    DANIEL ALAEI $281,000 90 6
    SAM LIBICKI $268,100 100 3
    BRAD PIERCE $264,900 98 6
    ANTONIO SALORIO $250,500 110 4
    J.C. TRAN $233,700 89 9
    JOHN MURPHY $229,500 100 9
    FRANK BRABEC $227,800 119 4
    ROSE RICHIE $225,400 107 4
    DAN BIGELOW $224,900 117 6
    V SENTHILKUMAR $224,200 100 4
    JESS KAUFMANN $224,000 119 2
    ROBERT DANIEL $211,300 102 9
    BEHMAN ZAKERI $210,000 108 7
    KEVIN O CONNELL $205,100 113 2
    JULIAN GARDNER $202,500 114 3
    MARCEL LUSKE $201,000 93 1
    HENRIK OLSEN $200,900 116 7
    DEWEY ARCHER $190,300 111 4
    DAVID ANGEL $190,100 94 3
    ELI ELEZRA $190,000 118 9
    DAVE SCHARF $189,700 117 9
    BO SEHISTEDT $181,700 90 3
    DAVID WILLIAMS $180,400 111 6
    ANDY CRACCHIOLO $179,100 117 5
    ERIC VAN DER BURG $178,600 108 6
    JASON SAGLE $177,600 115 7
    MATT DEAN $177,200 101 2
  • Dave Scharf is here in the media room...
    'I have 189,700 and I made a horrible play at Annie Duke on a drawing dead bluff....then one hour later... I defended the blind with Q 8 of spades after she made it 4,500... flop is As, Js, 8c... I check...she bets 4,000....I raise to 16,000.... she reraises me another 37,000... I go all in..she has in front of her 25,000 and the pot is 110,000.....she lays down after a long time in the tank....because I was pissed offff....all I said was go tell that to Gus too....I showed her the hand....I had a pair of eights!!!

LOL! Ni han. Did she say "f**k you", and then "f**k you too" to the dealer??? :wink:

all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Dave Scharf is here in the media room...

LOL! Ni han. Did she say "f**k you", and then "f**k you too" to the dealer??? :wink:

all_aces

ROFLMFAO :mrgreen::mrgreen:

that's PRICELESS :mrgreen:
  • There is an interview with Annie on gutshot. It's funny... she just WHINES and WHINES about how BAD all the players are this year... uh huh. Whatever.

So, she mentions a number of key hands as she complains about her experience, but does not (to the best of my knowledge) talk about the hand with Dave that must have CRIPPLED her. Interesting omission... maybe she actually got outplayed? Nooooo, couldn't be that....

:wink:
  • Another good pic of Dave can be found on ultimatebet software.
    on the mainscreen at the top theres a link to wsop coverage, youll see him there.
    Lookin good Dave. Say hi to greatbrit for me and watch out for him.

Kev
  • all_aces wrote:
    There is an interview with Annie on gutshot. It's funny... she just WHINES and WHINES about how BAD all the players are this year... uh huh. Whatever.

So, she mentions a number of key hands as she complains about her experience, but does not (to the best of my knowledge) talk about the hand with Dave that must have CRIPPLED her. Interesting omission... maybe she actually got outplayed? Nooooo, couldn't be that....

all_aces, got a link to the interview :D
    she just WHINES and WHINES about how BAD all the players are this year

HaHa :lol::lol::lol: she say "f**k you" to all the BAD players, and then "f**k you too" to all the dealers LMFAO...that would be PRICELESS :mrgreen:

Annie Duke, Phi Hellmuth Jr and the rest ALL MANIACs at the table will drive these 2 insane, perhaps LOL :mrgreen:
  • I didn't notice at first, but Dave might have actually been a small favorite in that particular hand (with Qs 8s) bottom pair and flush draw.

When he says he showed his pair of 8's, I wonder if he showed both cards, or flashed the 8 only. 8)

I do agree with all_aces' general point though. Complaining about other players playing badly doesn't even come *close* to making sense.

ScottyZ
  • I agree. I love Annie Duke and all, but come on. She sounds so conceited and cocky in that interview it is ridiculous. I love the Phil Hellmuth interview and also gained a lot of respect for Dutch Boyd in his interview :shock:
  • I agree. I love Annie Duke and all, but come on. She sounds so conceited and cocky in that interview it is ridiculous. :shock:

guess she'll just have to blame it on all them BAD players :shock: :shock: what? :shock:
  • LOL, oh yeah. When there are 2600 total players and you get down to around 300, the skill level there is pathetic. :roll: :lol:
  • LOL, oh yeah. When there are 2600 total players and you get down to around 300, the skill level there is pathetic. :roll: :lol:

ROFL :mrgreen:
  • I love the Phil Hellmuth interview and also gained a lot of respect for Dutch Boyd in his interview

Agreed, and agreed. Sad but true.

ScottyZ, do we know what Annie had? I'm going to assume an ace, at least. If that's the case, I believe you're right... it's about a coin toss, assuming she didn't have A Q, taking away 3 of Dave's outs...

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I think the reason why I gained a lot of respect for Dutch Boyd was because he handled the loss so well and wasn't crying or whining, as we saw with Annie Duke. Boyd handled the situation with PokerSpot great IMHO and I felt pretty bad for him when he said that he is paying for people out of his own pocket, especially when he has no legal right to do so. He also gave a lot of support to his crew and acknowledged their accomplishments this year. Anyway I really like how Boyd handled himself.

Hellmuth was just entertaining and great as always. I he really didn't whine at all, but did say he was unlucky a little bit. Hard to be bitter when your book sells 150,000 copies in 1 year :shock:

I can't wait for Dave's update for us! 8)
  • all_aces wrote:
    I love the Phil Hellmuth interview and also gained a lot of respect for Dutch Boyd in his interview

Agreed, and agreed. Sad but true.

ScottyZ, do we know what Annie had? I'm going to assume an ace, at least. If that's the case, I believe you're right... it's about a coin toss, assuming she didn't have A Q, taking away 3 of Dave's outs...

Regards,
    all_aces

I'm not sure what Annie had, but I doubt she would be laying down a set (or two pair) at that point. I think you're right that AQ would push the Q8s to being a sizable dog.

I'm going to take a wild stab and say she had Kings, but I could imagine a wide variety of hands that might have gone down like that.

ScottyZ
  • Its too bad we will never know, unless Dave can tell us :D

I wanna see what her reaction was to seeing low pair.
  • http://www.gutshot.co.uk/wsopintro.php..
    this is the annie duke interview link....
    wahhh
    wahhh :cry:
    enjoy.
  • Annie wrote a written 'explanation' on recpoker just now... recpoker.com, I think it's still on the first page. She basically says the opposite of what she said in the gutshot interview. Someone there took the time to transcribe what she said, to do a little side by side comparison...:

In a response posted today at this site by Annie Duke, reacting to a
    negative blacklash by some posters here at recpoker.com, she can be quoted
    as saying "I DID NOT say that the player who called me was a bad player.
    I never said that. I said I was surprised by this call..."

http://www.premierleaguepoker/anniedukedsl.wmv

Well here's the portion of what was actually said to gutshot that caused
    the negative reaction by poker fans:

(Annie Duke to Gusthot.co.uk - Tuesday May 25, 2004)

"...I moved in on the river for $28,000, into a pot that had about
    $14,000 in it, and I got called by ACE HIGH - which was very strange.

But, you know, this tournament is really weird because, I mean
    there is a lot of people now who...I mean, any good player would not have
    called me there. And I was walking out with my friend (Paul), he's like,
    "I can't believe you got called! That was such a good bluff!"

You know the thing is, I don't mind going out of a tournament
    bluffing because - you have to bluff..."

(Moments later in the interview):

"The problem is that, um, you know, normally when you get down
    deep in a tournament, you're against players who really know what they're
    doing, and you can make moves on them based on having some predictability,
    that, you know, they're good players and they're gonna lay hands down, and
    things like that. But, there's a lot of players who are just
    inexperienced and they don't understand the pot odds and they don't know
    when to lay hands down. It does make it a little bit difficult to wade
    through all of them and you really do have to hold some hands at some
    point..."

I seem to recall her mentioning a player who called her with a jack-high straight draw. Think this was Dave? Gooooooooooooo Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • " wrote:
    There is an interview with Annie on gutshot. It's funny... she just WHINES and WHINES about how BAD all the players are this year... uh huh. Whatever.

Whats the site for gunshot?
  • gutshot.co.uk
  • Tilter:

I pieced it all together and posted it in 'Ask Dave Scharf' titled 'Annie talks about Dave'. If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to check it out. Classic stuff is happening in and around this year's WSOP, and Dave seems to be close to the centre of it.

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: thanks for sweating me in that Sunday tourney. What's your Stars username?