The Forum is Busted!!!

If anyone know's Niels # or personal email, one he actually checks.
Please let em now the forums is busted....

You can't log in with Explorer....

Ofcourse all the smart people avoid microsoft, hence the posters today are smart :)

Comments

• I emailed him about it last night (I use multiple browsers :) ), and he said it was fixed. I emailed him again letting him know it's still not working, and haven't had another response. I'll try him again.
  • I'm using IE just fine...on multiple computers too..

ideas?
  • Sloth - I emailed you. The title tag is unmatched:
    <title>Canada's Poker Forum - Index</pokerforum.ca>

In this case, I think IE is following correct behaviour (for a change ;) ).
  • Everything's fine for me on Firefox.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Sloth - I emailed you. The title tag is unmatched:

In this case, I think IE is following correct behaviour (for a change ;) ).

Correct.. fixing the title tag allows me to browse via IE..
  • It's working for me in Mozilla, but not in IE.

In the page source in Mozilla I see the line

<title>Canada's Poker Forum - Index</title>

wheras in IE, that line is as beanie42 noticed

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    It's working for me in Mozilla, but not in IE.

In the page source in Mozilla I see the line

<title>Canada's Poker Forum - Index</title>

wheras in IE, that line is as beanie42 noticed

ScottyZ

Maybe mozilla fixes it on the fly but in firefox I see the incorrect title closing tag..
  • I sent an email to all members for the time being. Heading to the theatre now and will investigate further asap.
  • It feels like a bag of sand
  • ok, so how should the tag look?
  • got it.

I'm slowly but surely learning how this stuff works. :)
  • Okay, seems to now be working for me in IE.

ScottyZ
  • Works for me too. Thanks Sloth.
    sloth wrote:
    I'm slowly but surely learning how this stuff works. :)
    You're doing great! Also (to my knowledge) this is a "hobby site" rather than your main job, so thanks for spending the time maintaining stuff so the rest of us can chat :)
  • I don't know about you but I went into serious withdrawal the last couple days...
  • sloth wrote:
    I sent an email to all members for the time being. Heading to the theatre now and will investigate further asap.

Btw sloth, I've got a pokerforum.ca email address and I still have never received any emails from you. I mentioned this before when you emailed about the pokerforum freeroll in August.
  • Mine was down for the last two days on two different computers and locations.

Seems to be working on one only at the moment.
  • Just switch to firebox people.

Toss that IE in the trash.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Just switch to firebox people.

Toss that IE in the trash.
    +1 for "Post of the Year"
  • Seriously, is Fireofox that much better? Why? I've only ever used IE and Netscape and have delayed any change...due to my own ignorance, I guess.
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Seriously, is Fireofox that much better?  Why?  I've only ever used IE and Netscape and have delayed any change...due to my own ignorance, I guess.
    I think it is that much better, but it is also open-source, which I like technically (better response for bugs/security) and "religiously" (i pretty much hate M$).

I actually use mainly free/open-source software where I work, both on my desktop and on our servers.  The only thing I haven't gotten away from yet is the Windows o/s (XP) and M$ Outlook (work requirements), but other than that, all my software is free :)
  • Try them both out and see which one you like best.

I use Firefox most of the time myself, but find that some sites look and/or function better with IE, so I use that from time to time also.

Some people like to talk about things like, pop-up blocking, security loopholes in IE, etc. as a reason to move over to Firefox. However, there are lots of free pop-up blockers that work farily well for IE, and Firefoxes built-in pop-up blocking is becoming less effective (although, it is still highly effective) as time goes on. I don't know a whole lot about how IE compares to Firefox in terms of security.

ScottyZ
  • Cool I guess I'll pop my free browser cherry!
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Cool I guess I'll pop my free browser cherry!

Allow me to recommend the "All-in-one Mouse Gestures" and "IEView" plugins along with "Forecast Fox"..
  • One words... TABS