Hand Analysis (Om HL)

In a situation like this, should I have checked to the river? I was last to act, so I thought maybe I could get 1 caller..i dunno...kind of funny, b/c right before i bet, someone typed into the chat, "K...please bet"

Omaha Hi/Low $0.50-$1 (real money), hand #1,226,638,904
Table Hamm, 1 Sep 2005 11:51 PM

Seat 1: Fathom_1 ($25.85 in chips)
Seat 2: mike3666 ($6.75 in chips)
Seat 3: packfann04 ($12.50 in chips)
Seat 4: NastyHabits [AD,KC,AS,3H] ($39.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Cleaner20 ($42.90 in chips)
Seat 6: jimmac102864 ($9.30 in chips)
Seat 7: SparkofLife ($39.40 in chips)
Seat 8: sweetlip ($12.50 in chips)
Seat 9: marcus419 ($15.50 in chips)
Seat 10: stef30 ($3.80 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
sweetlip posts blind ($0.25), marcus419 posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
stef30 calls $0.50, Fathom_1 calls $0.50, mike3666 calls $0.50, packfann04 calls $0.50, NastyHabits calls $0.50, Cleaner20 calls $0.50, jimmac102864 folds, SparkofLife folds, sweetlip calls $0.25, marcus419 checks.

FLOP [board cards KS,KH,KD ]
sweetlip checks, marcus419 checks, stef30 checks, Fathom_1 checks, mike3666 checks, packfann04 checks, NastyHabits checks, Cleaner20 folds.

TURN [board cards KS,KH,KD,9C ]
sweetlip checks, marcus419 checks, stef30 checks, Fathom_1 checks, mike3666 checks, packfann04 checks, NastyHabits bets $1, sweetlip folds, marcus419 folds, stef30 folds, Fathom_1 folds, mike3666 folds, packfann04 folds.

SHOWDOWN
NastyHabits shows [ AD,KC,AS,3H ]
NastyHabits wins high $4.80.

Comments

• not much you can do...you can A bet the turn and hope a pocket pair will call two bets, or check turn and then bet the river hoping someone calls you with something....but at most you're making 1 BB probably.
  • I was once told by a very wise man and great poker player that if I am looking to improve my game, I should look at situations and scenarios that present themselves often. Quads are one of those scenarios that RARELY ever come up and the way you play them will not affect your winrate one bit.

That said...is there honestly any wrong way to play the stone cold uncounterfeitable nuts? I just bet. I think it would be difficult for anybody to argue with any line except for check, check, check.
  • On a board like that, the only hand that MIGHT call a bet or two is pocket aces and yer the one holding them.. Too bad you found a sane table..
    PokerKai wrote:
    I was once told by a very wise man and great poker player that if I am looking to improve my game, I should look at situations and scenarios that present themselves often. Quads are one of those scenarios that RARELY ever come up and the way you play them will not affect your winrate one bit..

Congratulations that you can recite what someone wrote in a book, but actually quads and boats occur fairly frequently in O8.
  • Congratulations that you can recite what someone wrote in a book,

Some more quality from BBC_Z. Take at easy man...he's just passing along some very helpful advice. Just because you well informed doesn't mean everyone else on the board is.
    but actually quads and boats occur fairly frequently in O8.

This is true, but like Kia said there are not many ways to misplay quads. As far as boats, which were not part of the OP, they are entirely differ monster in Omaha.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Congratulations that you can recite what someone wrote in a book, but actually quads and boats occur fairly frequently in O8.

im sure its in a book somewhere...and if it isnt, it should be. just out of curiousity, which book is it in...id be interested in reading a book describing how to find leaks in your game.

and who said anything about boats???

quads in an omaha game are NOT frequent.  frequent compared to hold'em...yes...frequent enough that perfecting your play with them will affect your winrate...nope.