London Poker - What is wrong here?

So, just up the road is KW.  Huge poker scene.  And here we are in London...squat.  Maybe I am out of the loop, or maybe the poker players in London don't use this forum but they are not posting much on Western Poker Forum either.
So, any help here?  With the start of University coming, I hope to be able to tap into something regular in this town poker wise.
I am alright with hosting too but right now, I would just like to meet up with some regulars looking for an extra, meet the gang and then take my turn once I know it looks like a fit.

Anyone else facing the same thing?

Comments

• Hank,

Brent from West Side Poker Club, I can hook you up with a group from western university let me get done with my poker cruise and I will hook you up!

Prophet 22
  • I hear ya Hank, London needs to pick it up.
  • We will be doing a second Poker With A Cause tourney in the middle of October. Details will be out next week. It will be a smaller buy-in then the Markham location and be capped at 64 people. There will be tons of extra donated prizes like the Markham event. Stay tuned to the Forum and to www.witchdoctorpoker.com under the Poker With a Cause tab!!! The little girl and her family we are raising money for is from London!!!
  • i know of one prominent game in lodnon but it is low key and already has its regulars, 5-10 limit or 1-2 nl quite frequently, i deal for them and i also play. But he likes to keep it on the downlow and isnt one to advertise on the site. There are some good games out there jus gotta meet the right people around the university
  • I saw the benefit plans on the other thread. Good to hear. Sign me up...pending the date I guess.
  • Hank,
    Maybe you should be the trend setter in London. You know, if you host a game or two, then one of your 'regulars' will go out and buy what they need to host a home game, then someone from that game will host, etc, etc. Especially if people have a good time.

After a few months, you'll have 3-4(maybe more!) people willing to host games. Maybe you'll even get different styles of tournaments from different people.

And if you're lucky, some of us KW people will make the drive down the 401 to come visit.

Good Luck Hank,

JohnnieH
  • What about for people not in University?
  • I'm hosting a game on Sunday August 28th and we try and do a large 24-32 player tournament about once a month. We get pretty decent crowds out for the game. Small stakes, just a good fun day of poker.

Contact me if you're interested in being a part of these games. $20-25 for big tournaments.
  • CurlingZone,

I'm from London and interested in your games and tournaments.
    Send me info pbjestem@hotmail.com or post here.
    Anybody else in the London area hosting games and/or tounaments?
  • I have played in one of Curlingzones tourneys. It was well run and everybody seemed to have a good time. I would vouch for him anytime.
  • JohnnieH wrote:

And if you're lucky, some of us KW people will make the drive down the 401 to come visit.

Good Luck Hank,

JohnnieH

Yeah seeing as it's too touch to drive to downtown Kitchener for a tournament eh Johnnie.  Just kidding!

Prophet 22
  • Poker= lose money. (probally)
    Wedding= see 2 of my friends get hitched, eat great food, and get rip roaring drunk for free.

Sorry Dude, easy choice. Maybe next time.
    Actually I'm considering the Charity Tournament in Markem, and/or the London one as well.

JohnnieH
  • The London Fundraiser tournament is now a go! Check out the thread under Tournament for a Cause for the details!