Spotted Robert Varkoni at the CNE!!!

Hey guys.. Mr. Varkonyi (WSOP 2002 Champion $2000000 prize) is shooting at the CNE as we speak. He is playing 10-20 and he has a pretty short stack.. probably around 500 dollars. He was asked what he is doing in town and replied, "I am here for a convention!" Just wanted to let yas know.. In case you do not know who he is... here is a pic of him...

Pokerkid1215

Comments

• Yup, Im a Supervisor in the poker pit and was amazed to see him there but also didnt care as much cause In my opinion he was the worst WSOP champion ever crowned. Still unreal though and pretty surprising, but most people didn't even know of him or care much of his presence. It is actually the 2nd time hes showed up in the past few days.

I thought maybe he lost all his money and was trying to build a bankroll again;), but the convention makes more sense lol
  • MJ4LIFE wrote:
    Yup, Im a Supervisor in the poker pit and was amazed to see him there but also didnt care as much cause In my opinion he was the worst WSOP champion ever crowned. Still unreal though and pretty surprising, but most people didn't even know of him or care much of his presence. It is actually the 2nd time hes showed up in the past few days.

I thought maybe he lost all his money and was trying to build a bankroll again;), but the convention makes more sense lol
    HHHmmmm, he is one of the worst. 1 or 2....Brad Daugherty (Empire Poker Rep) was pretty bad too. Rob awful play was emphasized in 2004 when they did that awful interview which made him seem like a geek and then he got really lucky in the early going. He would call with the best hand, and bet with the worst hand....until it was all over with his KK vs AA. At least his wife cashed in 2005 to even it out.
  • yah i seen him too
  • Saw him last night at Brantford playing 20/40.  Was treading water, until he left the table trying to pick up chicks -- at the Carribean Stud and Let It Ride.

Woman at my table asks to change the channel to baseball --  Canadian Poker Tour was on.  Varkoni playing on table behind me.  I say "hey leave it on, I think this is the one where Varkoni wins the world series."   I wanted to do the Kramer thing, but refrained.

Cheers
    Magi
  • What's the Kramer thing?

The one where he is a ball boy, runs across the court and takes out the player? :D
  • moose04 wrote:
    What's the Kramer thing?

The one where he is a ball boy, runs across the court and takes out the player?  :D

It's the one where he thinks he saw someone like Joe Dimagio at Monks.  He wants to get his attention, so he slams the counter harder and harder. 

Cheers
    Magi
  • Hey guys.. Mr. Varkonyi (WSOP 2002 Champion $2000000 prize) is shooting at the CNE as we speak. He is playing 10-20 and he has a pretty short stack.. probably around 500 dollars. He was asked what he is doing in town and replied, "I am here for a convention!" Just wanted to let yas know..  In case you do not know who he is... here is a pic of him...

Pokerkid1215

Terry...is this pic from him at the CNE?? Did you take the photo at the table? Did you take his money??? LOL
  • magithighs wrote:
    Saw him last night at Brantford playing 20/40.  Was treading water, until he left the table trying to pick up chicks -- at the Carribean Stud and Let It Ride.

Woman at my table asks to change the channel to baseball --  Canadian Poker Tour was on.  Varkoni playing on table behind me.  I say "hey leave it on, I think this is the one where Varkoni wins the world series."   I wanted to do the Kramer thing, but refrained.

Cheers
    Magi

lol magi!

Looked for him today, but didn't see him.

Then again, I was in a bit of a daze today ... see next post ...

macbb
  • No Carl lol.. I got the pic of some public domain site... I did not play at his table.. although I did see him...

Pokerkid1215