Hand for Review How not to go broke here

Is there anyway not to go broke on this hand?  While the flop worried me due to the straight the turn certainly fixed that worry.  I guess the only thing is even playing the hand in early position, however there was lots of limping and calling of minimum raises going on which is demostrated by 8 people seeing the minimum raise.

*** Export for: AcidJoe Game: Texas Holdem Game number: 467781736 ***
Date: 8/22/2005 11:52:39 AM
Game: 467781736: Table: Loch Ordie
Normal Table No Limit 0.20/0.40
Rake: 0.30
Seat: 1 AcidJoe         
Seat: 2 Wrath3         
Seat: 3 svalle86       
Seat: 4 setoAA         
Seat: 5 Morde           
Seat: 6 play5           (Dealer)
Seat: 7 Tverin         
Seat: 9 earlyLou       
Seat: 10 misak82         
OpeningBetRound
Tverin         : Posts small blind 0.10
earlyLou       : Posts big blind 0.20
misak82        : Folds
AcidJoe        : Calls for 0.20
Wrath3         : Folds
svalle86       : Calls for 0.20
Morde          : Calls for 0.20
play5          : Raises for 0.40
Tverin         : Calls for 0.30
earlyLou       : Calls for 0.20
AcidJoe        : Calls for 0.20
svalle86       : Calls for 0.20
Morde          : Calls for 0.20
Flop    10 :h:, Q :s:, J :c:   Was worried about the straight however with 2 pair had to see that bet. 
Tverin         : Bets 2.60
earlyLou       : Folds
AcidJoe        : Calls for 2.60
svalle86       : Calls for 2.60
Morde          : Folds
play5          : Folds
Turn    Q :h:       Now a boat so I thought I was good. 
Tverin         : Checks
AcidJoe        : Bets 6.00
svalle86       : Folds
Tverin         : Raises for 12.00
AcidJoe        : Calls for 6.00
River      10 :s:       
Tverin         : Went all-in 4.70
AcidJoe        : Calls for 4.70
Showdown
AcidJoe         [ Q :s:, Q :h:, Q :c:, 10 :h:, 10 :c:  - Fullhouse ]
Tverin          [ Q :s:, Q :h:, Q :d:, J :c:, J :h: - Fullhouse ]
Result
Tverin          Showed Cards (Winning) 43.30
earlyLou        Mucked Cards
misak82         Mucked Cards
AcidJoe         Showed Cards
Wrath3          Mucked Cards
svalle86        Mucked Cards
Morde           Mucked Cards
play5           Mucked Cards
Community Cards
[ 10 :h:, Q :s:, J :c:, Q :h:, 10 :s: ]
Players Cards
Tverin [ Q :d:, J  :h:]
earlyLou [ -, - ]
misak82 [ -, - ]
AcidJoe [ Q :c:, 10 :c: ]
Wrath3 [ -, - ]
svalle86 [ -, - ]
Morde [ -, - ]
play5 [ -, - ]

Comments

• Tverin's c/r on the turn screams big hand... but hey.... who's gonna toss a boat away now... I go broke too... I likely put in a big raise on the flop, around the size of the pot after Tverin's bet... when he calls, if he checks the turn, I likely check behind him... but he's gonna go all-in on the river again, and I call.... who throws a boat away... who? anyone? anyone??
  • i actually likely reraise him his last chips on the turn, but still obviously lose.

there is a grand total of 1 hand (three ways) that can even theoretically beat you and countless ones that lose to you but would be happy to get all their chips in the middle.

i think you really shouldn't question anything once you called the flop bet and hit a boat. i think short of the guy lifting his cards and showing you them (i realize this is online), no way you don't put your money in the center
  • i lose all my chips, you lose all your chips, we all lose all our chips
  • chips for everyone but JOE
  • Dead Money wrote:
    chips for everyone but JOE

Thanks dead..... In retro spect I guess there is no way not to lose a ton. But when I catch marginal hands and push I always seem to get grabbed. Usually it's playing mid suited connectors and losing to a larger flush tho. Thanks everyone who took the time to post.
  • Yes I think I played someone on Stars who would.  Unfortunately, about 6 months ago, he taught me the meaning of underboat.
    .... who throws a boat away... who? anyone? anyone??
  • ya, some full houses you can get away from in the right circumstances, i cant see TOO many (but still some) in a fixed limit game but in an NL game you should be able to get away from some full houses FOR SURE in NL if the stacks are deep.

example.

YOU : 55
    Flop : A5Q - lots of action on flop
    Turn : A - more action
    River: irrelevant - other player moves all in in a very deep stack game, you can probably but him on QQ or AQ or A+(river card pairing kicker) if he's a good player

PS. To clarify, i don't think OP's full house is one that should have been folded, i go broke here too
  • I fold to his check raise on the turn, since I put him on QJ.
  • Just kiddin.......I go BROKE
  • perhaps i am reading this incorrectly but q :c: 10 :c: is fold for me in early position
  • Tverin : Posts small blind 0.10
    earlyLou : Posts big blind 0.20
    misak82 : Folds
    AcidJoe : Calls for 0.20
    Wrath3 : Folds
    svalle86 : Calls for 0.20
    Morde : Calls for 0.20
    play5 : Raises for 0.40
    Tverin : Calls for 0.30
    earlyLou : Calls for 0.20
    AcidJoe : Calls for 0.20
    svalle86 : Calls for 0.20
    Morde : Calls for 0.20
    perhaps i am reading this incorrectly but q club 10 club is fold for me in early position

You are ignoring table conditions.. We got 7 players to the flop here with a great implied odds hand. I'm going to assume the table's been playing this way the entire time Hero was there, so whats wrong with limping a big suited one gapper in EP?
  • I don't have anything to add.

The only way to escape from second nuts, regardless of whether it's a boat or a flush or whatever, is if the chips are deep and there has been sufficient betting to define your hand. It's rare. Especially in a low limit online games in which you might expect that the calibre of opponent is such that there are lots of goofy plays they might make.