....and they're off!

WSOP started up.
2400 people are startingt the event, 200 players are alternates and as soon as anyone busts an alternate is replacing the busted player.
This is to say all 200 alternates will get to play whether they fill a seat today or tomorrow.
Top 5 places are paying :

5 million
4 million
3 million
2 million
1 million

It is amazing what has happened to poker the past 2 years.

Comments

• absolutley amazing!!

a long way from 6 guys playing for $30,000.
  • It's almost capped, I hear.
  • Wonder if any big names were busted yet today :?:
  • CanadaKev wrote:
    WSOP started up.
    2400 people are startingt the event, 200 players are alternates and as soon as anyone busts an alternate is replacing the busted player.
    This is to say all 200 alternates will get to play whether they fill a seat today or tomorrow.
    Top 5 places are paying :

5 million
    4 million
    3 million
    2 million
    1 million

It is amazing what has happened to poker the past 2 years.

simply amazing!!! :D
  • 5 millionaires hey? wow! :shock:
  • Moneymaker is out! a couple hours in on day 1 he's gone.
    So is TJ cloutier, and Paul Phillips, WPT season 2 hero
  • Where are you getting your updates Kev?
  • My buddies down there playing are giving me updates.
    Gotmilk busted yesterday and KrazyKanuck just told me he has to run over to go start day 3. He needs to double up fast, otherwise my next update is him busting out.
    POKERPAGES DOES HAVE A GUY UPDATING CHIP COUNTS OF KNOWN PLAYERS THROUGHOUT THE DAY. oops cap lock.

By the way in case you guys didnt hear Donna from that 70's show played yesterday and starts day 3 today with just over 20K in chips.
    Everyone knows how to play these days.
  • laura preppon
    some pics of her playing, over at gutshot
    good for her
  • CanadaKev wrote:
    By the way in case you guys didnt hear Donna from that 70's show played yesterday and starts day 3 today with just over 20K in chips.
    Everyone knows how to play these days.

Wow! Too bad we are missing all these action!
  • I noticed on cardplayer.com that cardplayer sponsored Laura (Donna). What does sponsored mean? Do they pay her entry fee?