Too many Damn re-runs / Celebtriy Poker Sucks

Is City-TV EVER going to show new episodes of the WPT? How many times can one sit through the same episode, especially with the banal commentary?

And Sportsnet re-running the EPT, can we get some new and timely coverage of any other tournaments?

AS my knowledge of the games has increased, I have found the celebrity poker showdown, and the hollywood home games virtually unwatchable for poker info/knowledge. Only if you are a fan of one of the stars, or hope to see witty banter or humour(rare), would you watch that.

And while the North American real-player stuff is good, and the EPT coverage is good, I find myself bored out of my mind with that British show," xxx million"?

I see the CPT is now in the TV lsitings starting August 26th...

Comments

• I disagree.

I have watched the Celebrity Poker with great interest and I can tell you this about that.... I am now one of the best damn gum chewers this side of the 49th! That Celebrity guy that gets busted out first every tourny, he chews gum like a pro!

I hate Celebrity Poker, if it weren't for gum chewer, I would never watch it.
  • I can't stand celebrity poker either, but I find it like an informercial...not interested but compelled to keep watching. (my favourite blunder is Jerome Bettis laying top two pair against Wanda Sykes with only a small percentage of the pot to call.) I would like to watch the WPT season 3 episodes too...hopefully in the fall it should start up. If you catch the US poker championships on TSN, that is kind of cool to watch.
  • Celebrity Poker will be worse in the future. I read that in the moste recently aired episode in the US that players were laying down flushes and straights becauses they didn't know they had them. They are really digging at the bottom of the well for "celebrities".

I think the real celebrities that can play are avoiding the show at all costs.

But NASCAR Poker is the worst by far.