Results from Friday 65.00 Freeze Out put on by West Side Poker Club

First I want to thanks everyone who came tonight. There were a lot of good players including having 4 out of 5 former champions including our Heads Up Champion Lee R. We continue to see a lot of forum players. Thank you for introducing yourself as such. We had 40 pre-register and ended up with 32 players. Traffic was bad including a partial closing of the 407.

There were a lot of near misses and runner, runner cards to form 3 and four card flushes. I can honestly say I haven’t seen so many pocket AA and trips go down as I did tonight.

The final table started with 8 guys. The top 5 were in the money. In the end it came down to Joe G and Rohit J, with Joe having 76000 of the 96000 on the table. Joe offered a split giving Rohit about 100.00 more than what second was paying out. Rohit thought about it and said no. After trading hands and stealing blinds and the occasional flop, we find Joe is big blind 2500 (with antes) and Rohit calls the 2500. Joe checks. Flop comes 8 2 4. Joe checks. Rohit raises all in with top pair. Joe calls and flips over 8 2 for two pair. No help on the turn or river. Congratulations Joe!

1st Joe G 736.00
2nd Rohit J 368.00
3rd Eric A 208.00
4th Trevor 160.00
5th Dave L 128.00

Joe also won 45.00 in bounty chips eclipsing our old mark of 40.00. Our next event will be the cruise on August 28th. Watch this board for further updates.

Thanks to Dave the witch doctor, will be sharing an announcment soon.

Comments

• I just wanted to thank Cameron and Brent for putting together a very well run and very organized tourny. Even though I didn't get one good hand until my bust out hand, I still had a great time and met alot of good people.

The best hand I got was KQ :s: on the BB. Blinds were 100/200, UTG was a big stack and made it another 1000 to go. All fold to me, I have only 950 left so I call all in. He turns over A4 and hits his A on the turn, no spades, no straights, no nothing and I call it a night.

Referencing an earlier post, I am now a supporter of the "I am a PokerForum.ca Member" buttons or something. I tried to meet some fellow members, but I felt awkward going up to people and saying "Psssst, you a member?" I kept getting the strangest looks. :D
  • (cough)T-Shrits, we need T-Shirts (cough) lol

Congrats to the winners.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    (cough)T-Shrits, we need T-Shirts (cough) lol
    Notice the "news" box (top right) - apparently shirts are in the works (and congrats Scotty)
  • lol!!! oops. I guess I should actually read before I post!!!

Congrats Scotty!!

Hey Trevor, is that you up there in 4th place?

JohnnieH
  • Sadly, no - it's a different well-named gent (although maybe it's a "sign" :) )
  • It's my brother, new to the forum as of Friday. :D

WitchDoctor, were you the one selling the Doyle Brunson shirts?
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    WitchDoctor, were you the one selling the Doyle Brunson shirts?

Yes it was the Witchdoctor who was selling those shirts as a fund raiser for a little girl with Cancer in the London Area.
  • Post a pic of the shirt, I'm sure a couple of wil take some, since its for charity.

Johnnieh
  • Lee was playing and he didnt win??

Who sucked out on him?
  • I will post some pics of the Doyle Brunson shirts in the next couple of days, when I make the formal announcement of the big poker tourney we will be throwing with the help form the West Side Poker club. We just got the finalized date and location and we will be doing one a few weeks later in London as long as we can nail down a location. Everything is being donated so instead of a charge to cover the location etc....a portion of the buy-in will go to the little girl (Faith Abbey) and her family. It is going to be great....we have tons of additional donated prizes for the event as well including contributions from Dave Scharf and Daniel Negreanu!!! Keep an eye out for it in the home games section it will be posted this week and it will be capped at 80 people, so first come first served!!!

Dave
    Witch Doctor