WSOP Updates?

Where will be the best place to get updates on the main event this year?
It used to be poker3000.com, but they seem to have quit giving updates during the day. pokerpages has a forum that updates a feww times a day with what is happening, but im looking for somewhere who will give good coverage of the main event.
So far all ive found is what to use for final table updates, but where will i get good updates on the first 6 days of the event?

Comments

• 2458 registered by 7pm today I believe, and they are capping it at 2600.

Also, they are splitting the groups in half with 1300 playing on day 1 and the other half on day 2.

Star has 315 players, and Party Poker has 300 playes.

!st prize estimated at 5 million, with 2-4 paying over 1 million each.

I heard the payout structure is going to be a killer with only top 100 getting money (top 4%, SAY WHAT?)
  • Wow, 2500 people, thats just crazy!
  • I bought up a piece of a friend last night.
    The reports i was getting at midnight EST time last night was that 2200 spots were filled and once everyone learned that the cap was set at 2600 players a line up formed that came out the doors and along the Fremont Experience walls. The atmosphere is like never before they say, it';s a massive party waiting to launch.
    Next year i will not miss this excitment.
    Go James Worth and Ricky Grijalva!! (my horses)

By the way I was also informed that with 2600 players they were going to pay out 26 tables of 9 players each, not sure where you heard 100 paid.
  • www.gutshot.co.uk

This site seems to have the best 'late-breaking' news. You have to register (for free) but it's worth it.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Moneymaker, TJ Cloutier and Men the Master have already been eliminated on the first day!!!! :shock:
  • I just got some inside information that Sammy Farha put a bounty on Moneymaker of $10,000. So that person is playing for free now!!
  • By the way I was also informed that with 2600 players they were going to pay out 26 tables of 9 players each, not sure where you heard 100 paid.

I found this on www.finaltablepoker.com
    This much is confirmed: first place will be worth $5 million. Second place will pay $3.5 million; third place, $2.5 million; fourth place, $1.5 million; and fifth place, $1 million. Five players will become millionaires. Sixth place pays a piddling $800,000. A total of 225 places will be paid, with 225th place paying $10,000.

ScottyZ
  • Jay wrote:
    I just got some inside information that Sammy Farha put a bounty on Moneymaker of $10,000. So that person is playing for free now!!

If I were Sam, I'd rather do it myself. Best feeling in the world to do the dirty work and bust out a nemesis!
  • Does Sammy really dislike Moneymaker? Or is it just a friendly little rivarly from last years WSOP?
  • is this "inside tip" even true? Been reading the online updates, and there is a lot of rumors and bogus info so far about the WSOP...

I say within the next few years, poker will be so "mainstream" we will have a live broadcast or better yet, TPC, The Poker Channel!
  • is this "inside tip" even true?

Doubtful.

Seems like just a waste of $10K to me, not to mention a brutal stab at the integrity of the tournament.

ScottyZ
  • I think i reported somewhere that top 99 made the money, sorry, I was incorrect, it is the usual standard top 10%, thought it was wrong.

Here is the payout structure:
    Total Prize Pool $24,214,400

225 will make the money

1st $5,000,000
    2nd $3,500,000
    3rd $2,500,000
    4th $1,500,000
    5th $1,100,000
    6th $800,000
    7th $675,000
    8th $575,000
    9th $470,000
    10th - 12th $373,000
    13th - 15th $275,000
    16th - 18th $175,000
    19th - 26th $120,000
    27th - 36th $80,000
    37th - 45th $60,000
    46th - 54th $45,000
    55th - 81st $25,000
    82nd - 108th $20,000
    109th - 180th $15,000
    181st - 225th $10,000
  • The thing about the bounty on Moneymaker is very true.

A well-known dealer at the WSOP posted it on another board.
  • 1st $5,000,000
    2nd $3,500,000
    3rd $2,500,000
    4th $1,500,000
    5th $1,100,000
    6th $800,000

that is sick man ! :mrgreen:
  • Awesome to see our very own Dave Scharf on the PokerPages day 2 video with over 50K TC near the close of gaming last night.

Wow, go Dave!
  • SirBry wrote:
    Awesome to see our very own Dave Scharf on the PokerPages day 2 video with over 50K TC near the close of gaming last night.

Wow, go Dave!

wtg Dave! :D

pokerpages is not loading? :shock: :(
  • There was no breakout of how many players got in via Internet satellites this year, but Poker Stars alone was known to have sent in 316 players, Party Poker 250, Ultimate Bet 50 and Paradise Poker approximately 150.
  • You'd think that Michael Laing woudl know what he is doing since he was chip leader after Day 1.

Here is a recent hand he won for a BIG pot!

someone moves all in with AdKh and Michael Laing calls him with 3c6c.

Flop: Kc3s4h (giving allin top pair, and ML bottom pair with backdoor flush)
    Turn: Jc
    River: 2c (ML hits his flush and takes down a HUGE pot). WOW!
  • Tilter wrote:
    You'd think that Michael Laing woudl know what he is doing since he was chip leader after Day 1.

how big was this pot? significant? :?:
  • Tilter wrote:
    You'd think that Michael Laing woudl know what he is doing since he was chip leader after Day 1.

WTF!!! I would be pissed the fuck off if I was holding AK...
  • You'd think that Michael Laing woudl know what he is doing since he was chip leader after Day 1.

I wouldn't think so.

A player with much higher than usual *variance* is going to be the end of Day 1 chip leader. Genereally this is a player who put too many chips at risk too often, but happened to get lucky frequently. (The hand in question lends evidence to support this.)

Sklansky writes a chapter about this in TPFAP called, "Why the First Day Leader at the WSOP Never Wins."

ScottyZ
  • Late News -- Annie Out

With less than fifteen minutes to play on day three of the WSOP, Annie Duke has busted out. Staring at a board of 4-6-5-5, she pushed all in with K-Q, only to have her foe call with A-Q and have the hand hold up.