Hold'em Odds Calculator

I downloaded this software the other day and decided to give it a try, check out the recommendation after I set it to 2 players, and hole cards of AA:

pokerhand.jpg

lol wtf? :roll:

*deleted*

Comments

• What happened there, buddy? The program looked neat.
  • Oh, never mind....I see now.

Had to read the graphic... :oops:

Well, seriously, AA is only a mediocre starting hand...I fold it all the time :roll:
  • I never raise with AA...heck I hardly ever call either :?
  • Where did you d/l this at?
  • what did i miss? :shock:

does the software work? :shock:

thanks,
    CO :D
  • CO, read what it says under the recommendation box....he has pocket aces...seems to work, but perhaps not well...
  • Dan wrote:
    CO, read what it says under the recommendation box....he has pocket aces...seems to work, but perhaps not well...

OIC :o
  • This program may have some merit, despite the dorky generic comment about hand quality (which good players can easily ignore). The reason is that this calculator seems to allow you to examine cases when your opponents' hold cards are *random*. This might useful in certain heads-up situations, and this is the first poker calulator which I've seen do this.

The important questions are how fast does it do the compuations, and how accurate are the results. Computations with unknown (random) hole cards can take a very long time, especially pre-flop calculations. And it can make a difference in both time and accuracy (it's a trade-off between the two) whether the calculations are done with complete enumeration, or Monte Carlo simulation.

One thing I noticed: my intuition is that "Hands tested = 10000" probably isn't enough simulations to give accurate results.

What would be the absolute bomb would be a win percentage calculator that would allow you to specify ranges and/or types for the unknown hands of your opponents.

ScottyZ
  • call, but don't raise. Got it, off I go to play in the WSOP championship! LOL :D
  • ice wrote:
    call, but don't raise. Got it, off I go to play in the WSOP championship! LOL :D

The irony here is that the WSOP championship would likely be one of the situations in which a good player would call pre-flop with AA more often than he/she usually would in a typical game. 8)

ScottyZ
  • I want this calculator just to see what other comments it produces.
  • as do i, djw.

couldja post a link?
  • LOL @ "OK hand"
  • i had try a bunch of those programs before but none of them worked.. the "ok hand" is jokes still ..
  • A Link would be great, sounds like fun, let me play too.