Anyone else want to kill the WPT announcers?

I was just watching it on CityTV, Mike Sexton says so many stupid things it makes me want to beat him over the head repeatedly. Why can't they hire announcers who are entertaining and actually have something intelligent to say? Well thats my opinion.

Comments

• Those two are pretty hit and miss. Sometimes if I'm in the right mood, I'll find them amusing. Other times, the Mute button starts to look appealing to me.

As for intelligent things to say, I think that Mike's comments are generally fairly insightful. Although he keeps the poker content at a relatively basic level for the most part (rightly so IMO), he'll occasionally spout off some interesting comment at a higher strategic level.

And Vince? Well, Vince has a nice tan.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:

And Vince? Well, Vince has a nice tan.

ScottyZ

Yeah, the George Hamilton of poker.

Personally, I liked Gabe Kaplan's commentary at the Heads-Up Championship. Also the team of Danny Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth was good at the WSOP.

Ahhh to hell with it, just gimme back Shana Hiatt flashing every 5 minutes and I'll watch the WPT. :s:
  • My pick is replace Mike Sexton with Doyle Brunson... Vince with Gary McCord (Golf)... and now that Shanna is gone Meg Tilley
  • An interesting comment in last Saturday's Star about Doyle Brunson. He's planning to buy out the WPT. I hope so. I think he would have a great plan to really boost it up another notch or two, maybe sign Shanna back on too, but with even less attire!!! :D
  • my picks tp replace , would be take of mike sexton put in chris rock , take out gary throw in LiL Jon you want enterament that would for sure give ya sum
  • Yeah I guess we can let them live.  I suppose the producers can't afford Lederer and it would be too brainy anyway.  Negreanu is another good choice but I swear that guy is the Dana Carvey of poker sometimes ;)

I'm sure most people here know the WPT final table taping is seriously cooked.  They have to make it look good for the teevee.
  • The announcers aren't half as bad as the editing. Watching sports highlight reels isn't really watching a game. Televised poker is pretty much the same thing.
  • literation wrote:
    Negreanu is another good choice but I swear that guy is the Dana Carvey of poker sometimes ;)

And just what is wrong with Dana Carvey??? :rage: After all, he is a Master of Disguise :D

His only good leading role was Clean Slate, after that, he'll only be know as Garth Algar in the movies.
  • My vote would be Shannon Elizabeth and Jennifer Tilley to co-host.

MMMMmmmmmm.....

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/VideoGalleryDetail.asp?id=1120136086003
  • i think its pretty funny alot of what they say. vince has a penchant for syaing the most messed up things sometimes and those can be quite funny.
    "These guys are tighter than a Joan Rivers face lift."
    - Vince Van Patten, WPT Commentator