6 Joseph Hachem 5,420,000 Chips 0 1 1
7 Daniel Bergsdorf 5,270,000 Chips 0 1 4
8 Scott Lazar 3,370,000 Chips 0 1 9
9 Brad Kondracki 1,180,000 Chips 0 1 7

Comments

• AAron Kanter sucks
  • Matusows interview should be great...

"i dedicate this to all the guys in Cell Block C..."

Gotta give the guy credit though...he's come a long way back.

What's the beef with Kanter BBC?
  • Sucks that Ivey didn't make the final table. Raymer too. An Ivey-Raymer-Matusow final table would have been great for everyone. I really hope that the two PokerStar guys don't win...
  • What's the beef with Kanter BBC?

1) His brutal suckout against Raymer
    2) The fact he's so terrible that Ivey felt his jacks were good enough to bust out with when playing against Kanter.
  • Yeah I was following Ivey and maybe he was just a bit overanxious with JJ.  It seemed like he wasn't getting too far yesterday and this was probably one of his better or best hand.  I thought Ivey had a lot of chips still when he played his last hand?  I don't have a count.

Now that Matusow is at the final table I have to say...he didn't blow up!

EDIT:  Well BBC has given me some good background while I'm tapping this up.
  • This is the same comment that was made against Moneymaker. People didn't give him any respect when he was in a hand. He may suck, but people that suck get hit by the deck sometimes too.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    What's the beef with Kanter BBC?

1) His brutal suckout against Raymer
    2) The fact he's so terrible that Ivey felt his jacks were good enough to bust out with when playing against Kanter.

So he sucks because Ivey made a bad move? That makes sense.
  • So he sucks because Ivey made a bad move? That makes sense.

So simple minded.

Im going to assume that Kanter has been getting brutally out of line on the flop.. So when Ivey gets his jacks up against Kanter who is so brutally bad that he can push his stack in with next to nothing, Ivey calculates his chances that Kanter might really have a real hand, but it's so low compared to his previous plays that he decides in the longrun, it's profitable against Kanter.

So THATS why he sucks. He may have caught Ivey with a real hand, but it's his crummy play from the previous 4 days that led to Iveys bust out.
  • Hmmm.... THis seems to me to be counter intuitive. One might say that it is his excellent play in the previous four days that causes Ivey to call.

The Ivey bust out hand is THE advantage to being REALLY aggressive. Sometimes, they call you when the shouldn't.
  • So simple minded.

Im going to assume that Kanter has been getting brutally out of line on the flop

Before I lose my cool and say something I may regret. I will take a moment.

So I am simple minded but you're the one making assumptions? Okay, you're the genius then. I must of missed the fact that you have been watching Kanter play for the tournament and his substantial chip lead has been pure luck. Clearly the guy sucks.
  • other than Matusow, any of these guys pro players, or even semi pro.

I recognize one or two other names..........i think, lol
  • I'm thinking if one of the PokerStars guys wins it again there will be even more terminal money flooding Stars.  That would be fun.
    The 2 Stars guys are Daniel Bergsdorf and Brad Kondracki.

(I'm listening to the final table broadcast and so far the audio has been solid, no buffering.)
    An Ivey-Raymer-Matusow final table would have been great for everyone. I really hope that the two PokerStar guys don't win...
  • So simple minded.

Im going to assume that Kanter has been getting brutally out of line on the flop

Before I lose my cool and say something I may regret. I will take a moment.

So I am simple minded but you're the one making assumptions? Okay, you're the genius then. I must of missed the fact that you have been watching Kanter play for the tournament and his substantial chip lead has been pure luck. Clearly the guy sucks.

Go to cardplayer and read any hand that involves Kanter, this guy is the best and getting his money in behind and sucking out. Good luck attempting to refute.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Go to cardplayer and read any hand that involves Kanter, this guy is the best and getting his money in behind and sucking out. Good luck attempting to refute.

Just for fun, I accept your challenge of refuting using Cardplayer. :)

Kanter had pockets to eliminate Silow, Barch, and Wollf (who each had A-x), where he was a slight favorite.  He also eliminated Burt with pocket 8's over pocket 6's, where he was a clear favorite.  It appears that he doesn't always suck-out, he occasionally wins with good hands, and occasionally wins with bad.  Sounds to me like Gus Hansen's style of play, and Hansen has also sucked out to elimate Ivey in other tourneys.  Do you consider Hansen a poor player?

I agree with Dave.  While annoying, his aggressive style is working, and he's winning his share of races.  From everything I've read, a bit of luck (meaning suck-outs) is required to win the main event.  But then again, I'm just a newbie.
  • I am not saying he is a world class palyer, but to make the blanket statement that he sucks is stupid. He beat Ivey with the better hand. No suck out there. Are you telling me you have never sucked out?

You don't get this far with out having some skill. If you do, then why play poker if it is all a game about luck? Refute that.
  • I too believe that in a field of 5.6k luck is a huge factor. That being said there is no question that Kanter is playing the best poker of his life. Whether he a great or not will depend on what he can do from now on. It is no doubt Ivey IS a great :s:
  • Matasow out in 9th.
  • I have no idea why that really really disappoints me, but it does. I guess the whole thing about him being the 'guy you love to hate' is true. We'll have to ask BBC--nice sig, btw. ;)

Tough way for Matusow to go out too. No good call goes unpunished.
  • Can't say I'm disappointed that Matusow went out, and it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who cashes a cool Mil for 9th place. I was most disappointed when Ivey busted, because his play fascinates me.

I stayed up until about 3am listening to the live audio feed, but sleep overtook me. Looking forward to the ESPN broadcast now.
  • I stayed up till 4am listening to the live commentary at CardPlayer too. I just happened to wake up at 9:30 too right as the last hand was starting! Overall the live commentary was so awesome, I liekd it better then watching poker on TV. The guys, and gal, did great.
  • I did not think I would like it as much as TV coverage seeing hole cards and all, but even though the audio was not as polished, I agree it was absolutely exciting. It would've been great however if Phil Hellmuth and Danny Negreanu could've done the bulk of the broadcast, those two were like Wayne and Schuster! :D
  • Date / Time: 2005-07-16 06:44:00
    Title: Joseph Hachem Wins the Championship!
    Log: Hand 231 - Joseph Hachem has the button, he limps, and Dannenmann checks. The flop comes Ad-6d-5c, Dannenmann bets $400,000, and Hachem folds.

Hand 232 - Steve Dannenmann has the button, he raises to $700,000, and Hachem calls. The flop comes 6h-5d-4d, Hachem checks, Dannenmann bets $700,000, Hachem raises to $1,700,000, and Dannenmann calls. The turn card is the As, Hachem bets $2,000,000, and Dannenmann slowly raises to $5,000,000, Hachem reraises all in, and Dannenmann immediately calls. Hachem shows 7c-3s (seven-high straight), while Dannenman has Ad-3c (top pair). Dannenmann needs to catch a seven on the river to chop the pot with equal straights.

The entire crowd is on their feet as the river card comes. There are only three cards that can keep Hachem from becoming champion.

The river card is the 4c! Joseph Hachem has just become the 2005 World Series of Poker champion!