Tom Sartorv $805,000
Johnny Howard $730,000
Bernard Lee $710,000
Per Hildebrand $645,000
John McGrane $575,000
Shahram Shublem $310,000
Ayhan Alsancak $225,000

Comments

• How bout Raymer doing what hes doing again? Not a fan of the guy but you have to give him his props.
  • I really like Raymer, especially based on his commentary of last year's main event.  One interesting thing I stumbled onto today that I heard nothing about, was that Raymer actually made a death threat to a (psycho) fan.  I found the forum thread at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2857956&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1, and there is a post from Raymer himself (looking at post history seems to confirm it's really him, though you never can tell) which I quote:

My wife was sitting in the press area, where only press and staff are allowed. She got special dispensation from the staff to be there. Some guy comes in who is not allowed, sits next to her, and starts asking her all about our daughter. He wants to know where she is, who's watching her now, what she looks like, and my wife is totally freaking out from his questions and attitude. She asks to have him removed, and tells me what was going on. I look at him on the rail a minute later, and he's pointing at her, pointing at me, talking to people in the crowd, and has a psycho-mad look on his face.

I stand up and tell him to watch himself. He has an even angrier look on his facee, and yells out that he was just asking about my daughter. My immediate reaction, based upon his demeanor and attitude is that he really is a threat. I told him that if he messed with my daugher or family, I would kill him. I shouted all this across a 20 foot gap, and yes, everyone could here it, and it happened.

And I wasn't lying. If anybody messes with my family, I'm going to kill them as certainly as I possibly can.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Scary that with poker's new popularity, they're attracting the same idiots who have been stalking movie-stars and sports figures for years.
  • Not a big fan of Raymer either but I would have to say if he won this years WSOP it would be the greatest feat in history.
  • There seems to be a lot of people talking about what he said. But I fully agree, I would say and do the exact same and follow through. A 22 year old guy was driving down my brothers street at a ridiculous speed (limit 40, was doing at least 60-65 on a residential street that happens to be a court). He just missed 5 kids that were riding their bikes, one just happened to be my son. I walked down to the kids house and told him "if he drove like that again I would have the cops over and if he hit any of the children on the street driving at that speed he would not make it court."  As I walked away he said "If your kids are stupid enough to be on the road and I run them over that's their own fault jack ass, and they deserve it." At which time I sent my son and his friends into my brothers back yard waited for them to get there and then laid a beating on this kid. I tucked my business card in his pocket and told him if he wanted to call the police that this is where they can get in touch with me. The next day, his father showed up at my door, apparently a neighbor told him what happened and what was said and came to apologize, and said that he had takin care of the problem and that I wasn't the first person to have a prob with this kid driving like that on the street and knows that his son in his own words is a "mouthy little f**k, and desevered it."

Wow, that was different. I thought I was going to jail.
  • PUNKYMISHA wrote:
    Not a big fan of Raymer either but I would have to say if he won this years WSOP it would be the greatest feat in  history.   
    Greater than penicillin? Greater than man walking on the moon (or was it a spot outside of Sudbury)?

Nice story, Rob. I think I would have shoved a jenga block up his ass. Sideways.
  • I was reading (I think on CardPlayer) an interesting thought...

Which is a greater accomplishment? To win back to back tournaments with a lower number of higher quality players, or higher number of dead momey players?

If he does it, it'll be one for the books! I think Raymer is a class act and was originally unfortuantely judged with his "internet qualifier" stigma. He'd make a great repeat champion.
  • rgspence wrote:
    At which time I sent my son and his friends into my brothers back yard waited for them to get there and then laid a beating on this kid.

I never understood it until I had kids of my own (actually, I let my wife have them, looked like it might hurt a bit) but just reading your post and Raymer's incident the anger started to swell up and I couldn't agree more.

If there is one thing that you do not f**k with in my life, it is my kids.

I'm suprised you showed as much restraint as you did. The guy got off easy with just a beating.

Cheers