WSOP 2005 on TV

Anyone know when it will begin?

Bill

Comments

• For those that may still have access to US TV or ESPN Torrents (if they exist), ESPN begins their coverage of the 2005 Series next Tuesday.

Appears that it will be running every Tuesday night on ESPN2.

The online guide doesn't indicate what event they are showing that night.
  • I'm down south again.  I see in the little hotel tv guide it was on last week at 8pm Eastern for 1 hour.  It doesn't say what year of WSOP but likely 2005 as posted in this thread.

I'll see what it's about tomorrow night.  I can't record it on my laptop because I left my Media Center connector at home.  If I travel, perhaps I'll tape next week's episode.  The file will be really large at quality Best.

Anyway, this must be on the torrents?
  • Unverified but should be fine and much smaller than the files I'd produce:

WSOP episode 1
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/78417

WSOP episode 2
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/78464

Let me know what it's like if you download them...
  • i just got this email from TSN.ca

Following is our broadcast schedule of the 2005 World Series of Poker.
    Please note, this schedule is tentative and subject to change. Please
    consult tsn.ca for up to date Poker programming listings.

Saturday, Oct. 1: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. ET
    Tuesday, Oct. 4: 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. ET
    Wednesday, Oct. 5: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET
    Thursday, Oct. 6: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET
    Saturday, Oct. 8: 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
    Tuesday, Oct. 11: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET
    Wednesday, Oct. 12: 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET
    Thursday, Oct. 13: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET
    Friday, Oct. 14: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET
    Saturday, Oct. 22: 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. ET
    Main Event:
    Saturday, Oct. 29: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. ET

i'm not even gonna try to figure out how those times fit into the events ESPN has scheduled, but what's with the MAIN EVENT - 3 HOURS?!? ESPN is airing 12 hours of Main Event coverage.... AND they don't start finish airing the Main Event until NOVEMBER, TSN is messing with my head I think.
  • literation wrote:
    Unverified but should be fine and much smaller than the files I'd produce:

WSOP episode 1
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/78417

WSOP episode 2
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/78464

Let me know what it's like if you download them...

d/ling - ill let you know what i think
  • The episodes work, but I had to find some new codecs. You need an "AC3" audio codec to hear the sound, but a quick search on google will find that for you. Also the right side of the screen was garbled when I watched it but this didn't really matter. Maybe you need another cideo codec of some sort to fix this?
  • Hmmm, I've been downloading other tv shows and haven't had to muddle with codecs. However, this might have to do with the Windows Media Center edition. I think it was someone on here who tipped me off to this, it might help you...

GSpot Codec Information Appliance
  • if youre running XP, there is a great codec pack which, after having installed, has let me view everything flawlessly

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm
  • HU for people. It isn;t WSOP PRelims event, but WSOP Circuit Main events. Not bad as the competition is pretty big names.
  • Watched the circuit events of 1-2, and 4, and both times I was surprised to see a Canadian take it, Canadians are definately tearing it up in poker. Although each time the Canadian won through a bad-beat/draw situation I was surprised to see the amount of gamble in them.
  • Right it was Doug Lee from Calgary and who was the other guy from Toronto? Err...was it the 'other' guy from Toronto? If so, he had so much gamble!
  • can't remember his name but he went heads up with Eric Lindgren
  • Nghi Van Tran was the guy from toronto who won. That was some great poker, little nicky came third. He made that unbelievable lay down with pocket queens, lindgren couldn't believe it.
  • He made that unbelievable lay down with pocket queens, lindgren couldn't believe it.

It was a great laydown but I don't know if it's unbelievable. I think it was maybe 6 or 7 handed. The action was raised, reraised, rereraised allin in front of him and he still had both the initial raiser and reraiser to act behind him. I know QQ is a monster, but I think JJ or TT becomes pretty easy to laydown there. I mean when there's 3 raises in front of you, you're practically looking to see if you have aces, and if not, it's in the muck. I think KK is a call as well, but QQ seems very borderline. Easier maybe if you're a big stack and have all the others covered. Can't remember the exact chip counts.
  • That was a routine laydown, under the circumstances. Anyone who would have called should quit poker.

Ryan
  • TORRENT SPY HAS THE 2005 WSOP JUST FINISHED IT AND JUST WATCHED ITBUT U DO NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE CODEC THING FROM ONE OF THE PREVIOUS POSTS AND ITGOOD CONDITION