Good Non Poker Books

2»

Comments

• Blink. It's not about poker but it should convince you that reading people to a high degree of accuracy is quite possible.
  • If you're a sports (baseball) fan, "3 nights in August" is a great book.
  • I suggest anything by Wilbur Smith :D He writes about mostly frontier Africa..savages, gold, sex, slave trade what else could you ask for... oh yeah it's historical fiction as well. I promise you read 1 you will read them all!! I suggest you start with BIRDS OF PREY!
  • good non-poker book that may help you with poker......
    BLINK by Malcolm Gladwell, even if it doesnt help you, its still an interesting piece of work.
  • I also enjoy Wilbur Smiths books. The books about Egypt with Taita are all quite good but Birds of Prey is probably my favorite of his. I also enjoy Ken Folletts books a great deal, Pillars of the Earth is one of my all time favorite reads. It takes place in medieval England and centers around the construction of a large church in a smallish region and a couple of generations of the locals involved.
    If you like non-fiction then you must get Al Franken's book "Lies and the Lying Liars that tell them: a Fair and Balanced Look at the Right". Not only is it incredibly informative and meticulouslyl researched but it is also one of the funniest reads of all time.
  • Anything by Tom Clancy... though, I put "Without Remorse" at the top of that list...
    I see someone else mentioned Herman Wouk's work... all excellent... and I will mention that I read BOTH "The Winds of War" & "War and Remembrance" in 1 weekend... OK... it was a long weekend!!