Elgin Poker Classic, St Thomas, July 31/Aug 1

Anyone else on here playing in this 2 day "free" tourney? I'm in Milton if anybody interested in car pooling..   Jeff..

http://quaiduvin.com/whats_new.asp

Comments

• Hi Jeff.....5 guys are going from the West Side Poker Club, I just signed them up last week including Cam and Brent...I'll be there merchandising at a booth and giving away prizes (I'll have your polo shirt with me if we haven't met up by then!!!).
  • Bump. Anyone else?
  • Everyone get their confirmation email last night? Looks like we have a full (300 entrants) tourney. Will be my biggest live MTT to date. Still a little way from the 6000 at the WSOP though..lol. Real good chip count and blinds should make for good amount of playability. 15000 chips and 25/50 start.
  • I just registered this morning for it. The lady I was speaking with was expecting an email out today, she said as of last night they had about 275 registered. I'm looking to car pool if Shopsy, Redington, Brent want to hook up. This should be a blast.

stp
  • how old do you have to be to attend ths turny 18
  • Not sure Cole, but it is full now anyhow. Runs over two days. Here's the structure for anyone interested.

15,000 chips to start.

25/25
    25/50
    50/100
    100/200                                                                    Every 15 Minutes
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
       Break (15 min)
    500/1000
    1000/2000                                                            Every 30 minutes
    2000/4000
    4000/8000
       Break (15 min)
    5,000/10,000
    10,000/20,000                                                        Every 30 minutes
    15,000/30,000
  • how do i sign up someone wont show up
  • cole woods wrote:
    how do i sign up someone wont show up

Here's the link, perhaps look up their number and call?

http://www.quaiduvin.com/events.html#poker
  • stpboy wrote:
    I just registered this morning for it.  The lady I was speaking with was expecting an email out today, she said as of last night they had about 275 registered.  I'm looking to car pool if Shopsy, Redington, Brent want to hook up.  This should be a blast.

stp
    I got my confirmation email last night, in that it said SOLD OUT but perhaps they got some cancellations after that. You're right though, it should be a blast..
  • I'm going with 3 others. Off to check for the confirmation now. :)
  • I got a little worried thier for a minute so I called back the winery and they said that Rob had sent an email out anticipating the tournament to be sold out, there are a few spots left and I'm for sure in. I'll receive an email later today, thanks for posting the blind structure. Any info on payouts? It'll be nice to meet yet another set of forumers....

stp
  • Well its not the 10K they advertised, but here goes

8th $ 100.00 +

7th $ 150.00 +

6th $ 200.00 +

5th $ 250.00 +

4th $ 350.00 +

3rd $ 450.00 +

2nd 10 Seat Showdown Poker Table + $ 200.00

1st 10 Seat Showdown Poker Table + $ 500.00

Top 40 will receive prizes.

As well the blinds seem funny, on Sunday, it starts at 25/25 with 10k stacks, finishing at 15K/30K then Monday it is starting at 100/200... so now sure if you get a restack or you get your stack from previous and have to start 300X BB?

BTW, Ill be there too...Ill be the fat guy with all your chips
  • Well I am in with the student tagging along. We will be coming from the Sarnia area so unfortunately we can not car pool with anyone. See most of you guys there.
  • Redington wrote:
    Well its not the 10K they advertised, but here goes

As well the blinds seem funny, on Sunday, it starts at 25/25 with 10k stacks, finishing at 15K/30K then Monday it is starting at 100/200... so now sure if you get a restack or you get your stack from previous and have to start 300X BB?

BTW, Ill be there too...Ill be the fat guy with all your chips

Can't really fault them for the lack of dollars in the pool, they can't charge and not enough people "bought" sponsorships.  Can't have our cake and eat it too.....  I just appreciate the fact that they are organizing and providing the medium for such a large live event.

I had the same question re 2nd day blinds.. I guess we'll find out when we get there..

As for you having all our chips, can't really comment on that other than to say.  GOOD LUCK!  NOT!     lol
  • I'm glad you posted about the email because mine had been filtered into the junk folder. :spam: lol
  • It should be a great event...the set-up is very cool. We will be merchandising there along with Showdown poker tables. We will be giving away a ton of prizes.....so stop by and say hi, I would love to meet-up with the forum guys I have never met.
  • Anyone know if the 1st day playdown is just to 40 players, then the 40 survivors start off even on the 2nd day? I just sent the following question in an email to the organizers to clarify. Jeff..

"Quick question, the 2nd day (Monday) and the 40 survivors. Does that mean a new tournament on the 2nd day with all 40 starting with 15,000 again? If so and the blinds starting at 100/200 do we then continue from that point with the same progression ie time/blinds as on Sunday? The reason I ask is that several us coming from a distance away are trying to determine if we should plan accommodation ahead of time, etc. Thanks a lot and really looking forward to this. Jeff.."
  • I don't know the answer to your question but can you let us know what you find out if/when they respond.
  • compuease wrote:
    Anyone know if the 1st day playdown is just to 40 players, then the 40 survivors start off even on the 2nd day? I just sent the following question in an email to the organizers to clarify.  Jeff..

"Quick question, the 2nd day (Monday) and the 40 survivors. Does that mean a new tournament on the 2nd day with all 40 starting with 15,000 again? If so and the blinds starting at 100/200 do we then continue from that point with the same progression ie time/blinds as on Sunday? The reason I ask is that several us coming from a distance away are trying to determine if we should plan accommodation ahead of time, etc. Thanks a lot and really looking forward to this.  Jeff.."

Just got an email from a Rob at the winery. He says that we carry over our chips from the previous day. If that is really true the average stack would be 112,500 (15,000 x 300 / 40). Hard to imagine that we could start at 100/200 blinds unless they plan another 6 hr day on Monday, especially if they use the same progression. I have emailed him back for more clarification and will post here if/when he responds. Jeff..
  • Ok got another email from Rob, here is is response. Sounds like exactly what I said, they will continue with the same progression on day 2 starting with 100/200 blinds. I like his reasoning. Should give the survivors of day one 2 solid days of tournament poker. Fantastic!

"On day two I wanted to give those short stacks a bit more playing time and a bit of a chance. What is the incentive for a short stack to come back on day two if the blinds will likely put them out with in the hour? Especially if they are coming from afar!"
  • Wow, day two is going to be interesting. I wonder how tight the play will be knowing that you can comeback from 1-2x BB for the next day with 100x bb.

Look forward to seeing everyone, Shopsy... I need you to call me.

Tyson
  • Gl to all, I'm wearing a blue shirt with blue hat today. Haven't shaved in about 2 weeks...see you there, come say hi. I'm heading up right now with Tyson and Shopsy.

stp
  • Well, certainly a very fine event and although I went out 46th and don't go back tomorrow, I'm glad I went. Learned a lot and organizer and host Rob did a great job... So how did the rest of you make out. Who's still in?
  • Great event, I was out in 45th/300 (top 40 make it to the next day). If my favourites would have held up in the last level I'd still be there. Lost two big hands late when I was ahead. I had a great time going down with Tyson, Brent, Cam and Shopsy. Shopsy is still in for tommorow with 85K in chips, an average stack. I'll be there tommorow to deal one of the five remaining tables.

stp
  • Hey Shannon,

Tough result man! I saw you standing over by the Witch Doctor Poker booth at the end of the day, but my buddy was waiting in the car so I had to run.

Will say hello tomorrow, managed to grab a few chips late to sit at 101,000 in chips for Day 2. Best of luck to everyone still alive!

P.S. I'll still be the one in the red Iowa State University cap.
  • Good luck to Gerry and the rest who are still playing. I busted out around 2:30. I had to leave to go to a Greek wedding so I played pretty loose after the 1st hour...I figured that there was no way they were going to be down to 40 players by 5pm.
    I played at the same table as Tyson. He is a quite a charachter and tried his best to keep everyone from taking this fun event and each other too seriously. I look forward to sitting down and playing cards with him again.

Dave
  • Just wondering who the tournament. I busted out 49th. I'm guessing the young lady with the pink hat, huge stack when I left.
  • Nah, she finished 9th I believe. A dude with a cowboyish hat on split with another guy that was wearing glasses on his head, a larger guy with a goatee. Yellow shirt guy named Chris was 4th and a guy names Dan, glasses and hat finished 3rd. It was a great tournament and I'm hoping that Rob runs more. Thanks for all the effort you and your staff put in.

stp
  • It was a great tournament, well run and a great experience. Congrats to the winners, who all played great. Busted out 16th, felt good about it, just got myself into playing too tight near the end.

Great work by Shannon and his better half, for returning to deal, and to the other dealers as well. Ray was my favourite dealer. Added a great bit of professionalism to day 2, and help to keep everyone in line.

Hope to see this again next year!
  • indeed a very well ran tourney. I ended up with a 21st finish which i was very happy with. My buddy finished 7th so he picked up the tab for dinner =)

CurlingZone: are you Gerry? I'm Ryan, the dude that was sitting to your right at Table 1.