2005 WSOP Update

Day 1 and 2 are complete. I checked the end of day chip count and Sammy Farha finished with the 2nd highest chip count.

Day 1 has Darden, Flack, Scharf & Raymer doing fine....Toto & Jeff Schulman are barely clinging to life.

From the day 2 list I saw very few pros names were listed. I think that Reese, Hellmuth, Lindgren, Annie Duke and possibly David Williams have all gone bust. Mizrachi is doing well....Moneymaker only has 7700 chips left.

I think that the pros we see on TV are outnumbered so greatly that its possible we may see an all-amateur final table.

P.S. There are several Canadians who are moving on to Day 4. Best of luck to all of them.

Comments

• after day 1a and 1b Alex Markovic is in 13th place with $87,325 (from Mississauga,ON) and Greg Debora is in 24th place with $75,425 (from Toronto,ON) Alex is a good friend of mine and all I can say is that if no one gets too lucky against him, he's the one to watch - even though he's not a tournament player. Many pros in Toronto, Vegas and California would easily agree with me. Anyways I wish all Canadians in the tournament the best of luck:)