No Canada Day??????!!!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I just noticed under the calender that Canada Day is not listed, but Independence DAY is!

Isn't this CANADAS Poker Forum?

Just wondering.....

JohnnieH

Comments

• Haven't you heard? Canada day was cancelled due to lack of interest. Canadians are soooo apathetic...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Canadians are soooo apathetic...

I don't care.

ScottyZ
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Test that theory with the following question: "Did you know your beer SUCKS?" or "Are you American?" - that tends to bring us out of hibernation
  • beanie42 wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    Test that theory with the following question: "Did you know your beer SUCKS?" or "Are you American?" - that tends to bring us out of hibernation

On a completely side tangent, the 'ole "Canadian Beer Rules" / "American Beer Sucks" chant is quite quickly going down the crapper. After a trip to Buffalo to stock up on a wide variety of America micro-brews, they REALLY know what's going on down there.

Our biggest problem is that beer distribution up here is run by the government/bigbrewries, so there's no way to get incredible beers to the consumer.

Oh how I wish they'd kill that monopoly so we could import some decent stuff. It's funny how the Beer Store presents itself as if it offers a wide selection of beer, when in reality 80% of it is the same thing... fizzy yellow lagers and pilsners.
  • What are you talking about?? There are plenty of great tasting imported beers at The Beer Store.

For example, they keep a healthy supply of a top notch Belgian beer known as "Labatt Blue". And what about that adventurous little lager from the USA called "Molson Canadian"?

In fact, the international flavour of The Beer Store seems to be growing so rapidly that someday, though I can't possibly imagine when, the line between which beers are actually Canadian and which beers are brewed by a heartless international mega-corporation may become slightly blurred to the consumer.

ScottyZ

P.S. My computer just game me that following message: "505: Sarcasm Protection Fault Error. Abort, Retry, Fail?"

What the heck is that supposed to mean?
  • I was in Nashville recently and was introduced to a beer from Texas.  I guess I drank too much of it because I can only remember it as ________ Bock.  One fine smooth brew.

p.s. Google saves me again with a search of:   texas beer bock

It's called Shiner Bock.
  • You have no lived until you have tasted the heavenly nectar of a brewry in California called "Stone" They're currently the fastest growing brewrey in the US and there's good reason why.

The Ruination IPA, the Arrogant Bastard and the regular IPA's are BRILLIANT.

They've also just completed a Russion Imperial Stout and I cannot wait.

I loves my beer.
  • Oh, and apparently the Kitchener Craft Beer show and BBQ is going on over the weekend of July 22-24th. The selection of beer last year was a tad dissapointing, but the BBQ was fantasic. If anyone's up for a trip (as long as it's not Saturday) let me know
  • (The reason being, because I'm putting together a Charity BBQ on the Saturday for the Local Theatre Group that I volunteer for, KWLT. I'll make sure to put something in this off topic section soon)
  • Beer and BBQ? Oww!!!! My rubber arm!! Stop twisting it so hard!!!

I"M IN!
    JohnnieH
  • Canada Day is still not list on the calender!! C'mon now!!!
  • It seems that all the moderators were too preoccupied with enjoying the Canada Day holiday that they can't find the time to put "Canada Day" in the Calendar!  :D
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Canada Day is still not list on the calender!!  C'mon now!!!