Toronto Poker Series

Any inside info on this?  sounds like a cool event

http://www.torontopokerseries.com/

Comments

• I heard of something like this but thought it was going to be in September.
  • sounded really cool until I saw there was a $100 registration fee to listen to two speakers I've never heard of and play a tournement with no cash prizes. I dunno, it seems a little pricey to me, but if they got some well known speakers it'd be worth it.
  • zero if uve never heard of either of those people i suggest you study up on poker a little :D
  • zero if uve never heard of either of those people i suggest you study up on poker a little :D

Haha really? I know a lot of people in the scene... guess I may have been wrong about this thing.
  • AAAsWILD wrote:
    Any inside info on this? sounds like a cool event

http://www.torontopokerseries.com/

I'm organizing the event, the website should be updated frequently so check back. If you have any questions you can ask here or e-mail me.
  • AcesUp, any idea who else ay be coming to speak?
  • zero wrote:
    AcesUp, any idea who else ay be coming to speak?

I'm still waiting for confirmation from a few speakers. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
  • u should make the top say someting get real money since its 109 to get in so then atleast sum money is being gave out to the winners but this is an awsome idea i thiknk ill be attending no matter what just to play at the featured table lol.
  • wats going on with this is this still ago
  • cole woods wrote:
    wats going on with this is this still ago

It's being postponed to a later date to allow for more time for marketing. I'll post the new details shortly.
  • So there is no cash prizes for this tournament? is that set in stone or is still up in the air? I say scrap anymore speakers and take that money and put it towards cash prizes, not bobbleheads and chips...alot more people will be attracted that way i think. The $200 just seems a little pricey for the speakers and a tourny in which everyone wins... Let us know... the idea still sounds great! And i'll prolly be there regardless...

Brady
  • JD_BB wrote:
    So there is no cash prizes for this tournament? is that set in stone or is still up in the air? I say scrap anymore speakers and take that money and put it towards cash prizes, not bobbleheads and chips...alot more people will be attracted that way i think. The $200 just seems a little pricey for the speakers and a tourny in which everyone wins... Let us know... the idea still sounds great! And i'll prolly be there regardless...

Brady

I would like to give cash prizes for the tournament but that would make the event illegal.

For your registration of $99 you get:

500 pc poker chip set
    Entrance into all conference activities: 4 speakers, tournament with pro dealers/tables/wpt table all located in a nice venue.
    Full lunch and beverages
    gift bag full of poker stuff: poker magazines, poker dvds, other poker promotional stuff
  • I am interested in attending.
  • What - the lessons I give you every other Monday aren't good enough?
  • So there's no date posted for this on the website, but they'll accept registration payments?

On July 6th Aces Up said he post the new details shortly. Now it's September 4th.

Shades of March 19th.
  • badboy wrote:
    So there's no date posted for this on the website, but they'll accept registration payments?

On July 6th Aces Up said he post the new details shortly. Now it's September 4th.

Shades of March 19th.

Sorry but the conference is still postponed for now and don't worry any website payment made will not process through.
  • As I stated when this was firs :fish:t mentioned, don't hold your breath and certainly don't pay anything

July 20th I said I doubt this will go and was responded to with, "why not"?

LOL
  • So is this thing done or is it still to come?

New to the website but very interested in this event.

Thanks

ScottyKGB
  • ScottyKGB wrote:
    So is this thing done or is it still to come?

Thanks

ScottyKGB

I'm working on another event right now untill the end of Sept. After that I will revisit this and see if I can get it going.
  • AcesUp wrote:
    ScottyKGB wrote:
    So is this thing done or is it still to come?

Thanks

ScottyKGB

I'm working on another event right now untill the end of Sept. After that I will revisit this and see if I can get it going.

Woohoo ! Same speakers as the last event? I AM THERE!!!!

See you in 2015! :D

• Woohoo ! Same speakers as the last event? I AM THERE!!!!

See you in 2015! :D

Different speakers for this one but sorry GTA it's a private event.