WSOP Predictions

With "the big one" only days away, I thought it would be cool to make some predictions. I predict that Layne Flack or Erik Seidel is going to win. Obviously my boy Phil will make the final table ;)

Glenn

Comments

• So, we can pick 2 people each then? ;)

Howard Lederer, and Thuan Nguyen.

ScottyZ
  • lol, I knew I should have only put one name.

I'm going to have to go with Layne then. He is due to win. Then again so is Howard. It should be a very interesting tournament.
  • Due to win? lol Oh that's how it's done. :) I must be due for the next Lotto draw then. Thanks

j/k lol

I say Meng the master and Layne Flack square off.
  • I'm saying Ivey or Hellmuth.
  • "You bet *against* the Harlem Globetrotters?"

"I thought the Generals were due!"

ScottyZ
  • lol

Boy I wish I never added that sentence. Layne Flack is still at my final table however :)
  • i'll pick Scotty Nguyen :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Scotty's my guy! :D
  • Scotty Nguyen is my prediction as well... his playing style is very strong and it is hard to read him.. and he will take all your chips on any given hand or demotivate you with a insane bluff
  • Wow a lot of Scotty Nguyen predictions! I remember reading Hellmuth predict way back in like Febuary that he was going to win it this year. Gotta love that confident...or arrogrance :wink::lol:
  • I got to say Gus Hansen, I love his agressive style of play!
  • Has Gus Hansen ever been in a WSOP tournament. I have never heard anything about him in that tournament. I hope he is at the featured table.
  • He plays a lot of high stakes Back Gammon and has just recently started to focus on poker (hence a lot of his WPT appearences), so this will be his first WSOP I believe, and it will be a good one!
  • I'm not a Gus Hansen fan really, but I respect his bluffing and player reading skills. He's kind of like Scotty Nguyen...
  • Jay wrote:
    I'm not a Gus Hansen fan really, but I respect his bluffing and player reading skills. He's kind of like Scotty Nguyen...

yeah kinda like Scotty Nguyen but Gus Hansen is 1 aggressive aggressive feller :shock:

will be interesting to see how Gus does in the WSOP...his first appearance i think :shock:
  • I'm gonna go with my man, Dutch Boyd. And if we're picking two, I'm saying Phil Ivey. w00t!!!
  • I'm gonna go with my man, Dutch Boyd. And if we're picking two, I'm saying Phil Ivey. w00t!!!

how is Phil Ivey doing this year at the WSOP :?:
  • I don't think he's cashed yet, but I'm also unsure how many events he's played (if any).
  • I don't think he's cashed yet, but I'm also unsure how many events he's played (if any).
    hmmmm according to the site ya posted (pokerpages)

thus far, he's not on either list:

-most cashes
    -leading money winners

:? :?: