Ideas for where to hold a tournament

Hey,
A friend of mine is looking to have a tournament, probably with between 40-50 people playing. The thing is, there isn't anywhere big enough in anyones house to have it.

Do you guys know of any good locations to hold tournaments that are spacious but not too costly? There's always a hotal banquet room, but those are somewhat pricey.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Try church basements or legion halls....... usually pretty cheap. Apartment complexes usually have function rooms that are free for its residents...... maybe someone in your group lives in one or knows someone who does.
  • Try church basements or legion halls....... usually pretty cheap.  Apartment complexes usually have function rooms that are free for its residents...... maybe someone in your group lives in one or knows someone who does. 

Somehow I think the the church may have a problem with gambling in their hall.?
  • Dead Money wrote:
    Try church basements or legion halls....... usually pretty cheap.  Apartment complexes usually have function rooms that are free for its residents...... maybe someone in your group lives in one or knows someone who does. 

Somehow I think the the church may have a problem with gambling in their hall.?

Is bingo considered gambling??
  • What area are you looking in?
  • GTA

were in Mississauga so preferably in Mississauga, but Toronto or Oakville would be possibilities to.
  • Call Josh about the Pearson Pub's private room, very reasonable and very nice. 647-999-0089. Or pm him, riverratjosh.

It is on Airport Rd. right across from the airport.
  • PM'd RiverRatJosh, still havent heard from him.

Any other ideas?

Would a city owned banquet room be an option? Or do they check in on what youre doing with the room? (I dont think theyd take to kindly to an "illegal" tournament)
  • try him at 647-999-0089 or joshl@telus.blackberry.net

He will return your call or email.
  • Have been real busy, but did email Ryan about The pearson pub situation, and a potential state of the art tourney facility that York poker may be familiar with!!

I will forward all details you need just call me at 647 999-0089

Josh
  • Have you tried the River Room in Vaughan?