S.S. Open done and thanx to everyone.

2»

Comments

• I assume we are still a GO for this event on Saturday? Perhaps an update, etc? Jeff...
  • Yes it is still on. Doors open at 1 pm cards out at 2 pm. I have sent out a confirmation request. If you are registered and didn't receive it let me know. If you can not make it or are going to be late please also let me know.

Thanks
  • There have been a couple of cancellations if anyone is still interested please let me know.

I will send directions etc.
  • Whoo Hoo! SSO is tomorrow!
  • I want to say hats off to Joe here, One hell of a tourny! was a ton of fun! had a wild heads up game to! Can't wait for the next one!

-Braad
  • I'm glad you like it Braad. The clean up is still going one because I had to work today. It took 6 hours and 2 minutes of poker to find a champion with over an hour of heads up play.

1. Shawn D. $300
    2. Braad (TwoThree) $187
    3. Welshman Mark $131
    4. Dwaine $75
    5. Acid Joe $56

Also the forums own Moose04 was at the final table and former champion KGB Bobby made a final table appearance. 21 players in all showed up. Thanks to everyone for a great day. There was only 9 rebuys including myself very late in the tourney as I made a desparate attempt to finish higher than 5th. It almost worked until Mark won an all in that would have moved me up a position at least.
  • Yeah Joe, a great event...
    I've never seen so many pocket rockets pop up, just one after another at table 2 (that was after the first break)
    Already looking forward to another tourney...

Hope to see you all there,
    k :c:
  • Well organized, great atmosphere, tasty snacks, good time had by all.
  • Thanx ACDC and Moose. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. And yes ACDC I think there was like 7 or 8 sets of rockets within 25 hands or so. I know I had a set and it was the 4th to be seen at the table. That table 2 was just a rocket magnet for quite a number of hands.
  • Oddly everyone at table 2 got to see the rockets but me! best I saw was Q/Q, :)

Can't wait for the next one :D
  • :s: :d: :c: :h:

Joe -

Excellent tournament - great poker, great prizes, and great players to make it all work - thanks from both Shawn D. and myself.

I think we've created a monster, though - I brought Shawn D. along to try his first NLHE tournament and he ended up taking down the event!!(why didn't I have a piece of him!??!) He's been on cloud nine since Saturday - we had our weekly sit n' go Sunday night at his place and tonight he's gone to Rama!! :D:D

Special thanks to Aimee for keeping me, and everyone else, in line at the cash game!
    Thanks to the poker gods for letting me win my buy-in back!!

Job well done - see you at the next one.

Keven T.
  • Thanx everyone.  I want to make that type of event a yearly thing.  Thanks to Witchdoctor poker, theplay.ca for their generous donations.  My own company kicked in some prizes to make it a great day.  Future tourney's won't be like that.  Tho it will be a reasonable buy in and lots of time for play (as the 6 hours to find a winner showed).  I guess I've gotta find heat in the garage soon  LOL

:wav: