PokerForum.ca IV - Limit Hold'em ($11) - June 15th @ PokerSt

****** MOVED FROM 8:30 EST to 9:30 EST for our WesternCanuckFriends *********

Our Tuesday, June 15th @ 9:30pm EST tourney has now been set up at PokerStars.

It can be found under the 'Tourney' > 'Private' tab as:
Canadian PokerForum.ca IV Limit Hold'em ($11)

pass is: pokercanuck (yes, different than last month)

Good Luck Players; I hope to see you there!

Comments

• Many are asking about upping the buyin to 20$.

Thoughts?

We had a great turnout to the June 1st tourney. Would love to see it increase for this tourney!
  • My preference is to keep it at $10+1.

There are a lot of inexperienced tourney players on the forum that might be scared away at anything much higher... It's a chance to hang out with the big boys... to sit the apple, as some would say ;) without worrying about losing lots and lots of money.

Plus, as I mentioned at the tournament last night when this was being talked about.... I don't know if I'd want to play high buy-in tournaments against a field that is guaranteed to be populated by people who regularly lurk on poker forum(s). ;) I'd rather take my chances with the unknown. Like people entering the WSOP main event and then asking random people what a big blind is.

hork.
  • I really am leaning toward keeping it at 10...the point is not for money on these tourneys, but for gamesmanship and fun.

I am looking at setting up some larger buyin tourneys for those interested in a little higher stakes, but we'll probably just stick with 10 for the every other Tuesday tourneys.
  • I agree with Hork42 on this one.

Here's a quote from a longer PM that I just sent to SirBry:
    I really like the idea of keeping "core" low (i.e. $10) buy-in tournaments for people who don't want to play higher amounts. Big buy-in tournaments can easily be put into the weeks where there are no $10 tournaments.

I dislike the suggestion of changing to $20 buy-in's specifically becuase I get the feeling that that exact amount would probably simply be annoying to the low buy-in people, and not high enough for the high buy-in people.

ScottyZ
  • Let's keep it at 10$....My intent is to see as many members as possible.

BTW, I will be setting up larger buy-in tourneys for fun (50 or 100), as well as establishing a fun point system for our regular 1/15th tourneys.

Give me a couple of days, and I'll have more info.
  • I dislike the suggestion of changing to $20 buy-in's specifically becuase I get the feeling that that exact amount would probably simply be annoying to the low buy-in people, and not high enough for the high buy-in people.

That is a good point. The current buy-in works well for me, as does the occasional higher buy-in tournament.

Thanks for setting these up Bry, and the new start time is great. Hopefully we get 30 next time!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • My peoples, you need to start considering non-Tuesdays for games...every Tuesday is bad for me :(

Have fun, though. We'll tangle another day ;)
  • I work tomorrow night so I won't be able to make it. Actually, I always work tuesdays. Why not have it on Sunday?
  • Tuesday is a bad for me. Hopefully you can change it to different days each month..

Or maybe you could have a weekend tourney and a weekday tourney. Then the two winners can go heads-up for an extra prize/bragging rights.
  • Tuesdays were chosen as (what we thought was) the best day for several reasons. There will be no day that is good for everyone. To be honest, Tuesday is the worst possible day for me in particular.

SirBry has organized his Pokerforum.ca tournaments on the day of his choosing (with some input from me). It's completely up to him what days he wants his tournaments on.

As far as I know, nobody is preventing anybody from organizing their own tournaments with any buy-ins they choose, on the poker site they choose, and on any days they choose. Although, I would ask that anyone who wants to organize their own tournaments extends the courtesy of not overlapping with existing scheduled tournaments.

If you want tournaments on different days, go ahead and do it. If you want higher buy-in's, go ahead and do it. 8)

I doubt anybody is going to complain about having *more* tournaments available.

ScottyZ