Buying Poker Supplies Now Or In The Near Future? READ THIS!

This is a little piece of advice for anyone looking for poker suppllies and my story.

Just got into poker not that long ago compared to most of this forum and found the need/want for some poker supplies to be able to play with friends etc. Found the retail stores that offered supplies were way over priced and the product wasnt always that great. Looked at ebay and gotted burned either with outrageous shipping charges or product was not as advertised, either way a very bad experience and expensive at the end of the day.

Now for the good part of my story. Recently found myself involved in getting together a free holdem event to take place during a bigger charity event and in the need of some supplies /prizes and have done business in the past week with not one but two different forum members. Unfortunately my past experience and the world in general led me to expect very little, but this time I was surpised and genuinely uplifted to find that the forum members I delt with were honest, fair, generous and on top of all that had great prices!

So my advice to anyone looking for supplies is to check the advertising section of the forum, if you dont see what your looking for post it and I'm sure someone can help you. Where the internet is a big world this forum seems to me to be a big comminity with small community values of honesty and reliability!

My personal thanks to Joe from Jelaltd and Dave from Witchdoctorpoker.

The event isnt for 2 more weeks but once it happens I hope to post some pics of people enjoying poker wearing Witchdoctor tshirts and playing on table tops from Jelaltd, thnaks again guys!

Comments

• I am glad you liked my package...please take some pics in the Witch Doctorr shirts...3 new shirts came in today..I'll have them posted shortly so be sure to check them out...hope your event goes great!!!
  • very true big...all courteous and friendly. thanks guys!
  • I haven't bought anything from the guys on the forum, because I haven't gotten around to it. But I have had dealings with both of the prominent ebay sellers in the GTA. Both charge rediculous pick-up charges that amount to $30 above what I had bid for their sets.

Retailer #1 (GW) My winning bid was US $15.50. I drove out to Mississauga and the cost with taxes, pick-up charge, US to Can conversion was = $45.00 If I wanted it delivered it would have cost me $78.

Retailer #2 (PCD) My winning bid was $41. Again I drive out to Mississauga and the cost with taxes, and pick-up charge was $71.15. If I wanted it delivered it would have cost me $89.

In both cases the sets themselves were fine, but the experience leaves something to be desired.
  • I bet they sold you ABS chips as well and told you that they were clay.
  • Read the auction before you bid. Let me guess. The auction started at $0.01 or $0.99 and you thought, here's a bargain. Standard ebay marketing tactic.
  • I bought a few sets from one of the Mississauga dealers through ebay... 11.5 gram ABS, chips were good, price was fine $60 for 600, but I read the auction details and knew about the charges.

Now I buy the sets from Costco, same set, virtually same price ($44.99 for 500 11.5 gram composite, with aluminum case and dice, etc... still don't know why they give dice with poker chips :D )

Scott
  • Well if you guys ever buy anything from me...its always free pick-up!!!! Checkout www.witchdoctorpoker.com for some great Free offers i have going on right now with empire poker and intertops!!! Plus purchase anything from my site and mention you are a forum member and get a free current edition of Bluff magazine!!!