York University

IS there any games at York University?..
thanks

Comments

• I go to York and remember some guy posting flyers around campus to try to get a game going. I think I will be doing the same this year.
  • york university has flyers going around ... i'm gonna go in york for a walk to grab a flyer to play in it :D
  • Willis I live in the Vanier building at york so I'm sure we can get something going no matter what.
  • sure just let me kno when ... and i'll see if i can show up for it .... if u need people let me kno i'll ask around too :D
  • If you guys find out post the info here because I work next to York and would be interested.

Thanks
  • same. let me know as well.. i live near there
  • Really?!? 9 yo thread?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Really?!? 9 yo thread?

Hasn't made it to reading comprehension class yet?
  • This thread was actually before our time here.
  • York u poker was my first live tournament lol
  • actyper wrote: »
    York u poker was my first live tournament lol

Same! In that cafeteria like place? I think the guy who opened the original UNIT ran the games.
  • Same here!
  • Feel quite certain the games would be different today . . . probably have a mandatory pre-game lecture on how flushes and straights should be equal, not to mention the apartheid that is the full-house. Don't even think about the paradox of set over two pair, either. In short, all games will continue until players pass out, and all buy-ins will be distributed to various diversity projects at the school. All registered players will receive a participatory medal, and a certificate suitable for framing, but otherwise devoid of value.
  • That last line sounds like an Arts Degree. :)
  • Really? Imagine that . . .
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    That last line sounds like an Arts Degree. :)

You got a problem with arts degrees?
  • You got a problem with arts degrees?

No Mr Moderator. No I don't.
  • You got a problem with arts degrees?

I am quite certain that such degrees have many uses . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am quite certain that such degrees have many uses . . .

I paid over $20k for it, used it for 10 years.... Now I paint for a living.

It's still somewhat useful in this regard.

• It's still somewhat useful in this regard.

How do Ace and Queenie feel about the birds?
  • Wow feeling nostalgic thinking about playing poker at York University. Some great games, some games where I got cheated in. I heard they banned everything years ago.