$40 +$10 NL Freezeout, Elora, June 5

No-Limit Texas Hold’em Tournament
$40+$10 Freezeout (Includes Meal)
June 5, 2005
Royal Canadian Legion in Elora
10:15 a.m. Registration
11:00a.m. START

Comments

• Would you mind posting blind structure, starting chip count, payout, number of players and what the meal is.  I may be bored that day and want to play...thanks.

stp
  • Payout!Blinds....etc.....

Blinds

25/50
    50/100
    100/200
    200/400
    400/800
    etc...

Rounds

20-30 Minutes
    (depending on turnout)

Chip Count

$1500

Payouts

Payouts will be graduated, and for the final table
    Approx. 6-9 Players, depending on the size of the tables being used,
    and the turnout for the day. We will be limiting enrollment to about 80 Players.
    About 10% that will enter will leave with money that day!

The meal has not been disclosed as of yet ,but will be served
    by the Legions' "Ladies Auxiliary".  I will post the meal when I know what it is.
    The +$10 rake is not going for Profit, it is used to cover the cost of the hall, supply the meal, and equipment rental, anything that is left over from that will be added to the Pot!
    We run these tournaments for fun and to provide a constant poker game supply to our area.
    Regards,
    Don Britton, (Poker Pimp)
  • Is it me or is the Blind Structure really aggressive for only starting with $1500?

This will make for a very fast tournament, IMHO.
  • It's not really aggressive for experienced Tournament  players.

80 Players with a starting chip count $1500
    80 x $1500=$120,000

$120,000 / 8 (final table)=$15,000

The final table will merge about 4 hours into the tournament
    with the blinds being approx. 3200/6400 with an average chip count of $15,000.
    tournament should last about 6-7 hours.
    Everyone can be home for supper.
    If we feel that everyone wants a longer drawn out tournament then we will add a 500 chip to the starting chip count, or add time to each level.

I've have run many tournaments using this format and they have all turned out excellent.
    Please don't criticize my format or layout, until you've actually played using this format., I've never had any complaints.
    Regards,
    Don
  • Please don't criticize my format or layout, until you've actually played using this format.

Yeesh.

If you are a tournament director and you get this snitty when someone honestly questions your blind structure, I'd hate to see how you behave when a real decision needs to be made.
  • Not being "snitty"?????!!, just giving an informative reply to his concern about aggressive Blind structure.
    I'm not a tournament director. Just someone who likes to play poker, and offering poker play to friends. I'm offering an AFTERNOON of poker with a structure that will accompany that. This is for a great day of poker with low stakes.

If your looking for a long drawn out, high stakes tournament, where everyone wants to kill everyone else ,and will drain your pocket book and payout only a couple of people then please don't attend.

I posted this tournament on this forum not to get critisized, but to inform other poker players.

Thanks for your positive contributing reply!

Regards,
    Don
  • with the blinds being approx. 3200/6400 with an average chip count of $15,000.

Ummm... Average stack is about 2.5 Big Blinds at this point?

That's aggressive even for the most experienced tournament players. :)

Of course, there's always going to be a tradeoff. The tournament has to end sometime.
    Please don't criticize my format or layout...

I second that "Yeesh". You're posting something on an internet discussion forum. You should expect to get some discussion.
    ...until you've actually played using this format.

A lot of people on this forum are smart enough to analyse a tournament blind structure, even never having played in the exact tournament in question.

ScottyZ
  • So far no replies from poker players who want to play, just poker players who like to complain!
    :D
  • I wasn't complaining.... :'(
  • OK, i'm sure i am not the only one here who's biggest pet peves are really bad blind structures.  and that is definately one of them.  

Playing an 8 person sit-n-go with blinds that double liek that is even frustrating.  i LOVE the idea of an 80 person $40 freezout, and i bet alot of the forum players here liek the idea too, but you seriously arent going to get many if you keep that blind structure.

I'm not being a dick here man, i am just being honest.  and if you were to ask all of the forum people here what woudl be a COMFORTABLE blind schedule, you woudl get alot of responses.  and alot of positive feedback.  

for example, in almost all tournaments i play where the starting chip count is $1500, this is basically the standard blind schedule:
    10/20     (sometimes 5/10 if they are looking to make the tournament more for "players")
    15/30
    20/40
    25/50
    30/60
    **break**    the first 5 blinds are relitively slow in progression, so each player has a chance to sit on their stack and assess their table.
    Then it starts getting aggressive.
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400
    **break**  200/400 is alot at this point whre the average stack is probably somewhere around $5000
    This is the point where the blinds really start going up to get closer to the final table.
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    600/1200
    800/1600
    **break**
    1000/2000
    1200/2400
    etc.........

with a stack of 15000, 1000/2000 is MASSIVE.  it's just a bingo shoot between the people at the final table at this point

so take a minute and just ask us man...............all the other forum members here are full of great bits of poker wisdom.

thanks man, i hoep i was helpfull, and not a rude asshole critisizing you liek that.

Johnny

P.s.  that blind structure is compliments of redington and zithal, who have been employing thos structures for a long time.  and have been having great sucess and a zillion people comenting on how fun their tournaments are
  • This isn't the first tournament I've put on. This isn't the first tournament I've run with 80 people. I've put on several with this exact format. It works out fine. The smaller chip stack with the larger blinds tends to get rid of the dead money fairly quickly, with the more experienced players going through and lasting. The small chip denomination is easy for the less experienced players to understand and lends to less problems and save times when posting blinds, bets.
    This tournament isn't for you die hards who expect to make a living at poker.
    Were just having fun.

This isn't the first tournament I've run, just the first tournament I've posted on here.

This tournament is cancelled closed.
    Thanks for your interest anyways!