EPT Finals from Monte Carlo

Anyone see this on Sunday?

A kid from Ontario was playing - well, not really playing, more like being played. From the hands that I saw, he was pretty clued out. The commentators were trying their hardest not to be overly critical of him, which was tough, because he gave them ample ammunition. Oh well, hopefully the Canadian contingent at the WSOP fare much better...

Comments

• I saw part of it ....... couldn't believe some kid from Ontario was there. I thought it was pretty cool. He qualified from on online tourney, I think? Felt kind of sorry for him after a while ...... poor little guy....... in a tank full of sharks. But I'm sure he had the time of his life.
  • Yeah the hand where he limped in early position with aces after someone had already limped was funny, the entire table saw the flop! And his hand was still good til the river but he never bet enough to get anyone to fold :'(
  • I was cheering for the Canadian but, the best starting hand in poker was played poorly by him. Can let the whole table draw against you!
  • ThiS was on again last night after the basketball game - and I saw Gus Hansen call a huge re-raise for most of his chips with an 8-9 of clubs. I felt that because it was Gus, the announcers went easy on him, but if it was Joe Interweb from Topeka Kansas, he would have gotten killed for that play. Sure, sometimes I like to make a stab with middling suited-connecters, but on a really big re-raise for most of my chips only a few spots for the money in the so-called European Championship? That viking bastard is crazy!