favourite poker themed movie..

2»

Comments

• and the wife wouldn't watch it.

Rache really liked it. She patted me on the hand and said "At least you're not that bad. Yet."

LOL! :D
  • Here is how I handled the wife thing and in fact has worked out quite well.

First we setup statking (a great program) to monitor all results. I got off to a quick start (4400 month) so things immediately were good. Second I try not to talk about shortterm results too much because that is what really upsets her. She has problems seeing the big picture. ie.

Say I go all-in with AA and get called by someone with KK. They spike a K and win a big pot. Well my point of view is that I played it nicely. Her point of view was that I shouldn't have bet so much with my AA and I should quit because I am losing. LOL

Now when she was getting on me about a loss or whatever and how it could affect our financial situation I made this compromise. I said how about I keep my current poker bankroll (that has been somewhat depleted by withdrawls) and it will be my poker money and I will use it and let it grow and we will not touch the winnings. Well after 8 months of statking results she definitely didn't want to lose that extra money.

I am trying to slowly get her to look at the big picture but it takes time... Having proof that you are a winning player and getting her to admit you win is the first step. Then getting her to come around to the "big picture" is the next ...

Slowly by surely. :twisted: then i can really shoot!
  • Great post, and it sound like you have some excellent ideas about how to manage (not exactly the right word...) the situation.
    Having proof that you are a winning player and getting her to admit you win is the first step.

Don't forget the all important zeroth step... *be* a winning player. 8) [I'm sure that you in particular are, but you'd be amazed how many people out there are having difficulties simply because of the fact that they are losing players at whatever they are playing.]
    "At least you're not that bad. Yet."

I like the dichotomy of that statement. It's something like "That's a good boy ["ruff!"], but I've got a short leash in the closet." ;) Hehe, just joking around. At least you've got the edge (me too!) that she plays some cards too...

ScottyZ
  • i saw coolers, and i thought it was a pretty good movie. it used lighting and costuming VERY well (a point that's made clear if you watch the extras). at times, predictable. other times, not so. and if you like getting some behind the scenes glimpses of how old vegas may have operated, there are a couple shots you'll like.

get it.
    s'good
  • I finally saw Cincinnatti Kid! It was on History Television a couple of weekends back! Great poker action, I wish I could find this on video somewhere.
  • I saw a gamblind related movie about 3-5 years ago on CTV which has Elisha Cuthbert (she so hot).

I think it was called Lucky Girl! She was young then, but she was older than me!