Best Heads Up PLayer in The World..Devilfish??

I was watching the poker million and the announcers were saying that dave ulliot has claimed himself to be the best heads up player in the world....would you guys agree with this, and if not.....

who do you think is the best heads up player on the planet?

Comments

• God no lol. The guy hasn't done much in a while except maybe a WPT win in season 1 or 2. Hes probably backed and a pretty good side game player. As for best HU champ, I guess we can look at who won the Nation HU Champ Competition (not that I really like the winner).
  • Well I did see him fairly recently in a HU match at some Euro event. He came 2nd but went out on some good cards I believe.
  • Against weaker, marginal, good and really good players Devilfish is smoking. he has a real intimidation factor working for him. However, against another pro, Doyle, Ivey, Flack, I am not so sure. I haven't seem him go heads up enough against other Tier 1 pros.
  • literation wrote:
    Well I did see him fairly recently in a HU match at some Euro event. He came 2nd but went out on some good cards I believe.
    So do you consider him the best HU Player in the world?

Sure, i know, he knows he is a good HU Player, but the best as he acclaimed. Not liikely.
  • I really don't know if he's the best.  I've never given any real thought to who is the best HU.  I know it's not me.

The Devil :fish: is still out there though...
  • rob hollink is quite bad ass.  He recently won EPT monte carlo and just came 5th in bellagio 25K event.
    In the pokerstars WCOOP, he won the heads up with over 1000 people right.   I know this guy from around, and know a bunch of his ideas on strategy.  He made a living b4 these huge wins playin 4 215$ sgs at a time on party all day.  He averaged 60$ a sit and go over 2 years of data.
    I wouldnt want to play him HU.
  • rob hollink, yes definately a big threat.............also i really like Pascal Perrault from France, he's an animal heads up. But aside from that I would have to say Antonio Esfandiari is a good heads up player. But then again what big-time pro is actually a "weak" heads-up player. They're few and far between.
  • omg pascal perrault. god that guy gives me nightmares. I was at a final table with him once in Vienna. He is the luckiest tournament fish I have ever seen.. Apparently he is a good hi stakes cash game player. The stories I could tell u about him in tourneys will make your blood curl.
  • please tell me stories oh please tell me stories!!!
  • for the record devilfish just lost in the HU in barcelona. he had A7 flop 778, other guy had 88.

Pascal. well lets see in the ept event he won, in the span of twenty minutes or so he won a4o vs kq,qq for his short stack triple up all in. then he beat kk with kqo, then he beat TT with 99, then he beat JJ with TT. All huge hands. After that messed up rush he was the chip leader times infinite. Not to mention the players he took out where noah boeken, Elky (from stars) and zeejustin. It was fun getting loaded with those boys when that happened though. Was like lightning.

then pascal in monte carlo. after ten minutes he had doubled up with QQ vs KK. So early chip leader. An hour later, he was out LMAO.

the horror. He is a very nice man though. :) apparently he plays the big cash games at the aviation.