Free Poker Tourney Tonight!!!!!!

RiverRatJosh here....... :D

My Company  :d:"Holdem for Hire":d:  Has been asked to run a free poker night tonight Tuesday!! at............

"Econo-lodge Hotel" at 6350 Airport Road (Across from Air Canada Hangers) inside the pub. The pub is located on the lobby level to the left of the reception desk. There will be a 10$ cover charge to cover dealer expenses but we will provide authentic premium Hodem tables and a simple freeze out structure to play down to a winner. NO CATCH INVOLVED, NO RAKE. The pub simply wants to host a legal free game that caters to a crowd that wants to learn the game, and put some tourney experience under your belts. The pub offers great pub style food and drink and it will be open with a full menu all night long. They wish to undertake such a poker night every Tuesday night, and will handle growth as it comes. Tonights event will be 3 tables.

There will be lots of  :fish: there!! :D

And the word from the owner is that he is putting up a "DVD" player or something to that affect for the winner, to go along with some sort of trophy and picture recognition. The whole thing should take 3 hours or so to play out.

All are welcome  :D

I am sure we all have time to waste tonight, so why not come waste it on taking a shot at a DVD player.

Comments

• I would like to add that anyone with questions can contact me by email at jlprivateeye@sympatico.ca or reply to this posting here ont he forum.......
    or simply come out............
  • where is this and can i get directions form guelph
  • cole woods wrote:
    where is this and can i get directions form guelph

www.mapquest.ca
  • ya but where is this place what city is this going to ber held in in ktichnear
  • "Econo-lodge Hotel" at 6350 Airport Road (Across from Air Canada Hangers)

I would guess, Toronto unless there is an airport in kitchner with Air Canada Hangers.
  • Yeah it is in Toronto, sorry.

401 east from Guelph to Airport area. Dixie road exit may be best. Take Dixie north to Derry, and Derry east to Airport road where you make a right going south.

The Econolodge hotel faces the eastern most point of the airport perimiter. That perimiter being....
    401 to the south, Dixie road to the west, Airport road to the east, and Derry road to the north.

Confusing enough for you.

Josh
  • I almost forgot start time at 7PM!!!!!!!!!
  • Sent email.. Do we need to preregister? Jeff..
  • Just to comment on last nights attempt....   In spite of the poor turnout, probably due to the bar not publicizing it enough, the evening was fun, with a couple of people who had never played live before getting some exposure.... we played 2 mini tournaments with the winner of the 1st taking home a nice bar mirror and the 2nd (me) getting a $25. gift certificate for food or drinks...   All in all, for a free event it was fun and Josh with his nice tables, chips, and dealers is a straight up guy.
    I encourage anyone in the area to give it a try at the next event. Next Tuesday?    Jeff...
  • More notice would have been better too. If this is to be a weekly event, I'm sure it will grow in popularity. As for me, other committments keep Tuesday out of reach for me until June, but it's it's still running then, I wouldn't mind dropping by to check it out.
  • Wish I could have made it but not enough notice for me. Next time.

Also I know it was somewhat in haste but next time you may not to use the word 'tonight' :D