Look At The New Icons

very canadian!
love that every visit might bring something new

Comments

• Heh. Just my ongoing quest to KIC and make this site user friendly and pleasing to the eye doesn't hurt.

KIC = keep it Canadian
  • KIC reminds me that i heard STP=solve the problem
    never heard that b4
  • I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I liked the default icons for the "new posts/no new posts" indicators. The two versions since then don't seem to have enough contrast to be able to easily identify the read/unread sections.

I seem to remember mention of there being a choice of several forum "styles" at some point. Is that still a possibility for the future?

A quick suggestion: Much better would be the current Canadian Maple Leaf icon for "new posts" and a blank icon for "no new posts".

ScottyZ
  • I like the new look. Feels more Canadian.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I liked the default icons for the "new posts/no new posts" indicators. The two versions since then don't seem to have enough contrast to be able to easily identify the read/unread sections.

I seem to remember mention of there being a choice of several forum "styles" at some point. Is that still a possibility for the future?

A quick suggestion: Much better would be the current Canadian Maple Leaf icon for "new posts" and a blank icon for "no new posts".

ScottyZ

Yeah, right now there is default and this one....with more to come. You should be able to revert back to the old one in your cp. Lemme know if you can't.
  • Yeah, right now there is default and this one....with more to come. You should be able to revert back to the old one in your cp. Lemme know if you can't

I can't find where to do this. Where is it exactly?

That felt kind of weird in a way, since I'm often the one answering such questions. What the heck, I guess I'm 38% human after all. :)

ScottyZ
  • i don't know...i think black contrasts with red pretty well...the icons look similar, but the red really jumps out.
  • Sloth,
    Though it may not need to be said because you should be proud of your efforts, I am very proud to be part of this forum. It is very classy.
  • thanks for the kind words screenman!

Scotty, if you go into your profile do you see "look and layout preferences" as an option on the left? If so, it should be in there.
  • sloth wrote:
    Scotty, if you go into your profile do you see "look and layout preferences" as an option on the left? If so, it should be in there.

That's actually the first place I looked. Couldn't find it there.

ScottyZ
  • ok, you should definately be able to now. Please let me know if you cannot.
  • Great! Seems to be working fine for me now.

ScottyZ
  • cool.

The evil me wants to press the "reset all members back to cpf theme" button.
  • Found an interesting glitch... nothing that really needs to be fixed I think, but curious anyway.

I use the Default forum style. When there is an unread post on a Home Games child board, I get the *pure* default (i.e. the blue triangle thingy) icon for the unread post indicator, rather than the usual filled-in spades icon.

ScottyZ