$50 50/50 tourney followed by 25c/50c cash game NLH

edited October 21 in Poker Games
2pm tourney start. Even number of entrants (up to 10 people max). $50 buy in. Once half the players are eliminated, the other half receive payment ($100. $50 of their initial buy-in, plus another $50 for being among the surviving half of the players), and then cash game starts.

10 seats available at table. Tournament players are able to hold their seats, whether they win or lose. There's room to hangout and wait for an open seat.

$50 starting stack for tournament. Blinds start at 25c/50c and double every 20 minutes until half of the entrants are out.

Cash game is a minimum buy-in of $25 (50 big blinds), and max buy-in is $100 (200 big blinds).

Dinner will be ordered around 6pm which people can choose to pitch money for to participate. Game runs very late if people are still playing.

Street parking available. Near Lancaster and Wellington intersection, Kitchener.

50/50 tournament:

1. Jawse
2. Jaydon
3. Amy
4. Whitey
5. jayLitner
6. MrCaspan
7. Barno
8. Terry

Cash (if not involved with tournament):

Comments

• So you pay $50 ($500), then when it's down to 5 players, everyone gets $50 ($250) and the game stops, and the cash game begins? What happens to the other $250?
    Jawse
  • Yes, the game stops when half of the players are eliminated, and the other half double their money. The other $250 ($50 each of the 5 winning players), they can choose the following:

1. Take their $50 winnings and leave
    2. Use the $50 to buy in to the cash game that follows.

I will edit the post and add that there is a $25 minimum buy-in for the cash game. Max buy-in is $100.
  • I'm not following tbh, this doesn't really make any sense.
  • Jawse wrote: »
    Once half the players are eliminated, the other half receive payment ($50), and then cash game starts.

Perhaps you mean they receive payment of $100?
    kwmattJawse
  • edited October 4
    Sorry if I made it unclear. When half the players are eliminated, the eliminated players lose their buy+in of $50, and the remaining players receive $50 each, which comes from the eliminated players.

For example, if there's 8 players in the 50/50 tournament, when 4 players are eliminated, the tournament just stops right there. The eliminated players have lost their money, and the remaining players have effectively doubled their money.

So yes, as the comment above mentioned, the winning half of the players receive a payment of $100 (their initial $50 buy-in, plus an additional $50).
    g2
  • Jawse wrote: »
    Sorry if I made it unclear. When half the players are eliminated, the eliminated players lose their buy+in of $50, and the remaining players receive $50 each, which comes from the eliminated players.

For example, if there's 8 players in the 50/50 tournament, when 4 players are eliminated, the tournament just stops right there. The eliminated players have lost their money, and the remaining players have effectively doubled their money.

So yes, as the comment above mentioned, the winning half of the players receive a payment of $100 (their initial $50 buy-in, plus an additional $50).

This remains unclear 🤣

Do you only collect the $50 buy-in *upon losing*?
  • Upon losing, as in being the first half of the people eliminated, you get nothing. You lose your buy-in. Your buy-in goes to the winners.
  • $50 tourney. Double or nothing.
    kwmattjaydon_hg2Jawsetorontotablecpt
  • In please very interested !!
  • jaydon_h wrote: »
    In please very interested !!

For both cash and tourney
    Jawse
  • What day is this running?
  • JayLitner wrote: »
    What day is this running?

Says Oct 26th
    Jawse
  • Whoops, didn't see that. Please add me on!
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited October 9
    This is not complicated guys LOL

Sounds like a fun way to do a tournament rather than sitting for 5 hours to get nothing for coming in 4th place..

Sign me up please! Can you DM me your address when you have a min?
  • I can vouche for jawse as well. Played many times at my place as well
    JawseMrCaspan
  • In please. Can you send me the address?