Which hand is stronger

Playing 5 card draw. Which hand is stronger vs your opponents?

sc3qdbsg8wx7.png

Comments

• Lol just read this today and was going to post it after work. I won't answer since I already know.
  • Define stronger
  • edited September 16
    g2 wrote: »
    Define stronger

Excellent consideration ;)
  • Is this before or after any draws?
  • Sure. Before any draws which is stronger.
  • If you're playing in the UK, then the first hand is stronger. Obviously in Canada, the second Full house is stronger.
  • moose wrote: »
    Playing 5 card draw. Which hand is stronger vs your opponents?

If we're just ranking hands by strength vs opponents' possible hands they are equally strong as your opponents will need quads to be stronger than Aces full of anything. Anything that AAAKK beats, AAA99 also beats.

If we are taking into consideration the hands we are beating that are more likely to pay us off a greater amount of money, we want it to be more likely that an opponent can have Kings full so AAA99 would be "stronger" in that sense.

Like I said, the definition of stronger matters.
    trigs
  • no correct logic so far.

waiting on datamn.
    g2
  • Well one thing, since it's draw poker there are no community cards so both hands can't exist at the same time. If I was bet into holding either hand I would likely fold. B)
    trigs
  • I think the question is which one of these hands would you want to be holding against a villain.. one is stronger than the other one for a very specific reason I'm assuming. The knee jerk reaction is to automatically assume the kings is the better hand but for some reason the 99s will be the better hand
    trigs
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well one thing, since it's draw poker there are no community cards so both hands can't exist at the same time. If I was bet into holding either hand I would likely fold. B)

Bolded part is significant.
  • but if it's asking me which hand is stronger versus an opponent it's hypothetical so either one exists or the other one exists or it's a trick question so it's not saying your villain has one and you as a hero have the other one He's asking which hand is better versus the villain
    moose
  • Ya, saw this too.

It isn't even a riddle, more of a poorly defined question. I hate riddles like this. It's the equivalent of "when is a door not a door? When it's ajar". Self-congratulating fools jerking off to their own cleverness.

Mark
    g2
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited September 19
    yeah I agree very poorly written and not actually asking you right details but then it acts like it tricked you, still a fun question

I just had to go through security training for HIPAA compliance and one of the policies are that only people are allowed to access medical information that should have access to it which means anyone could have access as long as their job requires they have access to it. One of the questions at the end was "a receptionist looking at an x-ray saying oh that looks like it really hurt"... then it asks the question is this a violation of HIPAA.. but it doesn't give you enough information. it might be the receptionist job to email these x-rays to the person which means they had to verify its their x-ray first before sending it.. but they don't give you any information. and I got it wrong
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I just had to go through security training for HIPAA compliance and one of the policies are that only people are allowed to access medical information that should have access to it which means anyone could have access as long as their job requires they have access to it. One of the questions at the end was "a receptionist looking at an x-ray saying oh that looks like it really hurt"... then it asks the question is this a violation of HIPAA.. but it doesn't give you enough information. it might be the receptionist job to email these x-rays to the person which means they had to verify its their x-ray first before sending it.. but they don't give you any information. and I got it wrong
    Curious, this must be for something US based that you are working on because HIPAA is the US version of protection of your personal health info while PHIPA is the Canadian version. Once significant difference is that in the US it's federally regulated but in Canada it is provincial. Interesting to note is that here healthcare providers only have to show that they have made best efforts to secure info while in the US it is much more strict although it has tightened up recently here.
    https://hipaacomplianthosting.com/comparing-hipaa-and-ontario-canadas-phipaa-whats-the-difference/

There, did MrCaspan and I derail this thread enough?

• Yes it's a US-based company that I'm working for now! I'm getting paid in freedom dollars :) and yes it is very strict there. you have to report anything even if you think it didn't happen and then you get fine person gets fired basically.