T. R. I. P.

Welcome to the wsop T.R.I.P.(trip report in progress).

Im playing the 400 dollar deepstack (hopefully) with Beach2002 Steve.. After a lengthy back and forth via text, here we at at 6:30 a driving down hoping to get an early number alternate.

I encourage any other degens playing today to post here and we can connect if around, or just follow along on this particularly interesting day.

hpkj2zc7rb3k.jpg

Mark
trigsMrCaspan

Comments

• edited March 25
    Quick update...

Here by 8 am. Parking is hard to find (I think we are in the right spot?) without signage. We arrive and there's a fire drill going off, shutting down all elevators and escalators. We are told to wait for it to end, despite my referencing Mitch Hedberg that the escalators are not out of order, just temporarily stairs.

We get up to the poker area and are 9 and 10th people in line for alternates. Swapping seat watching duty to go get players cards and now we wait.

704z45q0kma5.jpg

Mark
    thisORthat
  • 915pm. Update. 60-70 in the alternate line
    thisORthat
  • Busy! But beach and I are sat as alternates about halfway through the 2nd blind level... Of course I'm at KingMob's table... So hooray. Couple other regs I've seen as well! Smoothish tourney so far.. Some issues with folks trying to sneak into line and such is entertaining.

wkycnhspemcj.jpg
    0gc84pp9564f.jpg

Mark
  • I have QQ and raise preflop and get called two ways. Flop comes J 3 5 with two spades. I continuation bet , one player raises for 3x more. I think and push all in. Player turns over J 10 off. 10 on the river sends me to the waiting room to wait 12 hrs for drtyore to win.
  • beach2002 wrote: »
    I have QQ and raise preflop and get called two ways. Flop comes J 3 5 with two spades. I continuation bet , one player raises for 3x more. I think and push all in. Player turns over J 10 off. 10 on the river sends me to the waiting room to wait 12 hrs for drtyore to win.

What no cash games ? I was gonna predict you get KK and bad beat AA and DrT looses AKo vs AQs.

You could always taxicab to Pearson and GO home ?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Busy! But beach and I are sat as alternates about halfway through the 2nd blind level... Of course I'm at KingMob's table... So hooray. Couple other regs I've seen as well! Smoothish tourney so far.. Some issues with folks trying to sneak into line and such is entertaining.
    Mark

>Couple other regs I've seen as well !

Dont you people work ?

>folks trying to sneak into line

Grown ass adults trying to butt into line. Everyday this society reaches new lows.
  • Good to hear there are enough dealers . . .
  • edited March 25
    thisORthat wrote: »

What no cash games ? I was gonna predict you get KK and bad beat AA and DrT looses AKo vs AQs.

Cash games are running but only 5 tables and high limits.
    You could always taxicab to Pearson and GO home ?

Trust me I considered your suggestion.

• Quick update.
    Rebuys ended and a bald donkey shoved with ATss... One over shove makes it heads up and I announce that I'm behind but can suck out.

Board ends kqjxx... Skill game.

Currently watching the tables collapse, no clue how many left but likely less than the 400that were here to start. Blinds 2k/4k/4k and I'm at 54k... Still short but better than I have been.

Mark
  • edited March 25
    430pm. They finally open five 1/3 tables to clear the list.

Let's go Drtyore, good poker vibes
  • Beach 2002 is bad luck lol

Shortly after a mass of table breaks I get moved to a table with some huge stacks that are 3 betting the equivalent of 2c my stack (54k), blinds are 3k/5k/5k. Dude who has been pretty active min raises to 10k and I shove. AKhh vs TT... No help busts me around 200 left. I think I saw min cash was 775 ish and first was in the 40k?

Mark
  • Looks like demography as expected mainly middle-aged men.

>We get up to the poker area and are 9 and 10th people in line for alternates...
    So, even without a ticket people can still enter the tournies after original players bust out.
    Wondering the total number of players after late registration closed.

Congrats on making it to level14 &the min cash!

Also be interested to see a pic of pay-out structure but lack of signage indicates that's not a likely option.
  • edited March 26
    $400 Deepstack.
    125ish place out of 727. 110 pay.
    Final seat is Small Blind, seven handed.
    We're not close enough to the money to turtle up to the bubble. So when everyone folds it's an easy shove with 8bbs and a sweet QJs. BB has about 25bbs and calls with 9 10s, same suit. Flop AKx with four to the flush for both of us. River 9 ends me.

$250 Turbo.
    215ish place out of 795..
    Final seat is Button. About 6bbs left and we're six handed.
    UTG shoves 7bbs, HJ big stack goes all in and so do I. QJ, KQ and AQ respectively. UTG wins with the only heart to four on board.

Despite long waits, short sessions and my half ass skills, I have yet to leave a cash game down. A bad run in $2/5 ruined a nice daily ROI but I ran out of time before going onto the hole for the day.
    A plenty of very good players but they are a small part of player pool. Most are drunk, tired, tilting or recreational. They will literally tell you which when they sit down and entertain until they're stacked. There are a group of solid regs who fall into comfortable patterns against each other. Exploitable for an early boost.
    If you are an old everyone, young and old, thinks you're a 2oth century nit. Also, they are usually right.
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Of course I'm at KingMob's table... So hooray.
    Mark

If you're tired of my face stop catcalling me from your queue. DIsrespectful to Steve as well, doing it right in front of him. At least you left with the one you brought. Aim higher Steve, you deserve it.

beach2002thisORthatJohnnieH
  • King Mob wrote: »
    have yet to leave a cash game down

Life changes fast in the big city.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Busy! But beach and I are sat as alternates about halfway through the 2nd blind level... Of course I'm at KingMob's table... So hooray. Couple other regs I've seen as well! Smoothish tourney so far.. Some issues with folks trying to sneak into line and such is entertaining.

wkycnhspemcj.jpg
    0gc84pp9564f.jpg

Mark

I remember this scene from Inception. You never know how you start the dream. 5 Minutes here is like 1 hour in the real world. If you know you know.
  • Oh I thought that the pic's were upside-down because the servers are in Australia
    compuease