Comments

• Interesting, that's exactly the same time as the WSOP Circuit in Vegas that I'm going to.. Will be very interesting to see the comparison.
  • Well, Jeff, I’m going to guess that the dealers in Vegas know how to deal. That will be the major difference, unless they’re planning on bringing in travelling dealers for this event in Toronto
  • I'm also curious to see the structure/rake etc... Wonder if Woodbine or the circuit overlords control it?
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm also curious to see the structure/rake etc... Wonder if Woodbine or the circuit overlords control it?

Yeah, I want to see structure/rake as well. Article only mentions $2000 main event and $3500 high roller, but says 8 events total. So, I'm interested in what other events are available. Kind of hoping for a decently priced PLO tournament.
  • All holdem...boo
  • As I posted on Facebook, the WSOP Toronto schedule is very different from all the other Circuit schedules that I have played. Almost all of the US Circuit stops have TWO Seniors Ring Events, while Toronto has no Seniors, Ladies, Mystery Bounty, Monster Stack, or PLO Ring Events. Only 2 out of the 8 events are listed as Re-entry, so maybe the rest are freezeouts.

There doesn't seem to be any satellites or side events, so if you want to play in a $250 satellite to the $2,000 Main Event on March 7 west of Toronto, PM me.

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/schedule/?groupid=5399
  • woog30 wrote: »
    All holdem...boo

😞
  • edited February 28
    Negreanu going to be there apparently, and satellites on GG for the main event.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2024/02/daniel-negreanu-wsop-circuit-toronto-45503.htm
  • Glad I'm going to the circuit event in Vegas the same time. Seems much better.
  • I am going to play on Monday to Wednesday.
    Plus the Saturday Main if I satellite in.
  • I see no structure sheets as yet, will be interesting to see how it compares to circuit events south of the border.
  • compuease wrote: »
    will be interesting to see how it compares to circuit events south of the border.

I have low expectations and three days off.
    compueasethisORthat
  • I want to check the structure sheets first, but I might try to go out to one.
  • I will be playing 3 events maybe I will see some old friends here !
  • Where would I be looking to pre register for this event?
    Though I don't expect it's available yet, I've been checking the partner sites (the venue, wsop and GG).

• to register you must go to woodbine and bring a drivers license. I think Wed registration opens.
  • Thinking about maybe playing event #3 $600 6max. 14.2% Vig 72 S-Points.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited March 5
    trigs wrote: »

Certainly better than I thought they would be. The monster stack 600 that I plan on playing has 40K starting chips, 30min levels for the first 20 levels then 45min after that (more play at last few tables). Same levels with the $400 Seniors event in Vegas except only 20K starting. Couple of earlier levels skipped as well in the 6 max at Woodbine. Also I calculate the S points for the 6 max at 65 not 72.
  • edited March 5
    compuease wrote: »
    trigs wrote: »

Certainly better than I thought they would be. The monster stack 600 that I plan on playing has 40K starting chips, 30min levels for the first 20 levels then 45min after that (more play at last few tables). Same levels with the $400 Seniors event in Vegas except only 20K starting. Couple of earlier levels skipped as well in the 6 max at Woodbine. Also I calculate the S points for the 6 max at 65 not 72.

I might have made a mistake. It did seem a little high, but 65 is still good.

Edit: Just tried it again and got 69 this time. According to the calculator I used, it said to include the blind levels in the 100% minutes section that are less than or equal to the stacking stack, so for this tournament, level 17 is included.
  • Fields are limited capacity to 405. Some events i saw were 270.

OLG lets us down again
  • The low field limits were a surprise to me too but should not have been. It is right in line with their announced prize amounts.

Announced vs maximum possible prize pools.
    "a total of $3.9 million in estimated prize pools" vs $4126275.
    "a $2,000 Main Event, with a $2.1 million total prize pool" vs $2126250.
    "$3,500 High Roller event, with more than a $850,000 prize pool" vs 850500. "More than" is technically true by 1/7th of a buy in.
    thisORthat
  • Is there any payout structures released aside from King mobs observations? Specifically the 400 deepstack.

Mark
  • edited March 6
    Misread the previous post.

• I wrote an article about WSOP Toronto. My "pro tip" in the article is to buy all the tickets you want with cash ASAP after registration starts today, March 6 at noon at the Level 2 poker room cage. Once the first 405 tickets are sold for the $250 Re-entry Event #1, Day 1A of the Main Event, etc., you cannot play that day!

https://en.pokerpro.cc/poker-news/wsop-coming-to-fourth-largest-city-in-north-america/
  • so they are transferable, ie scalpable?
  • I just saw a post on Facebook that said the lineup to register is hundreds of people long and is moving very slowly.
    TheCoordinatortrigs
  • Anyone driving up from kw for tickets and leaving soon?
    Posted at 1:10pm.
  • Ive read and been told anything under $1K will likely be sold out by tomorrow.

Just keep that in mind anyone planning to head down from out of province or later this weekend.