Heads Up by Cowboy Card Club

edited February 2023 in Poker Games
Venue to be determined, date would be Friday, April 7, 2023(Good Friday for poker)

Looking to gauge if there is interest in this format. I ran this 15 years ago at $50 with 64 players.
This time would be $120 , $100 for prize and $20 for dinner after round robin portion is complete, this way players will stay for all there matches. It will have to be prepaid to play. Lots of paper work and schedules to be made before hand. This time I will not play in this one. but in future games would like to cohost so that I may play as well, if anyone would be interested in cohosting.

Please let me know if you are interested and presign. I will come back with menu options.

1. Julie R.
2. Compuease
3. Ed L.
4. Lisa L.
5. Sue H
6. Bonnie W
7. Haris G
8. Joe R
9. Craig H
10. Nathan S
11. Gihan S
12. Vaibhav

HEADS UP RULES

1. Games will start with a pool of players; each player will play against each other. Points will be given at the end of the game. It will be a timed game of 30 minutes with a break of 10 minutes. All players will get a chance to play all players in there pool.
2. Players will be given 5000 chip amount with three blind levels starting at 25/50.
3. Top three players in the pool will go on to single elimination round with the first place finisher getting a first round bye.
4. First tie breaker; will start with record against player/players (if a player should score 7 points and have more chips it will still be considered a tie).
Second tie breaker; will be total chips players had during the 7 rounds, the player with the higher amount of chips will be ranked higher.
Third tie breaker; will be chip amount against common players that are tied (more than two players) should it be heads up then player who scored the higher chip amount will move higher rank.
Forth tie breaker; will simply be cutting of the cards with the high card taking the higher rank.
5. If player A is late for there match, will be deduced 100 chips from there stack. If the player B should take all of player A chips, then Player B will be given the 100 chip for the full 14 points. If player A should take player B chips then will only get 13 points. If player should no show up for the second round of blinds, that player will forfeit his match.
6. All players are expected to play all matches.
7. Elimination round will be one game, with the winner moving on.
8. First elimination round; players will be given 5000 chips each with 10 minute blinds.
Second elimination round; players will be given 5000 chips each with 10 minute blinds.
All other elimination round; players will be given 6000 chips each with 10 minute blinds.

mvchsvabbgd3.png

1 $3,000.00
2 $1,500.00
semi $550.00
semi $550.00
quarter $200.00
quarter $200.00
quarter $200.00
quarter $200.00

Cash game to follow after round robin,
one table texas holdem 10 players $1/2  Max $200 to min $20 
one table PLO plus bomb pot per orbit  8 players $0.25/0.50 with $1.00 to call Max $100 to $20

Comments

• If it's only 32 player field payouts will be
    060ijzzeq0ys.png
  • I was pm on the fee for dinner. my response

The reason to have a dinner, is the last time I ran the tournament one player decided not to play last match. This caused some problems as the other player got all the points. Forth place finisher was not happy as this had an effect on the standings. Also my thinking was that all the players can sit down together, get to know each other. I was not thinking it as a fee. I can redeem the money back after the round robin portion is played and you played all matches.
    Allen
    ps the food is good, I am sure that if you let me know your allergies, I can discuss a menu for you.

Also will discuss vegetarian option
    raysimonson
  • Will the venue be somewhere in KW?
  • edited February 2023
    Guelph, it will be 32 player field, 64 was a bit ambitious.
  • Ok, I am tentatively interested then. Can confirm closer to the date.
  • edited March 2023
    Want to thank everyone for giving me feed back. will announce a 32 man game to be held in Guelph in a day or two on Friday April 7,2023 at noon. Want to thank Laurie as she will co host this game as well. stay tune.
    jojoPokerMom