xxhlsv82cfru.png

ImPLOcean and Stumpler round by round

Saturday, March 4 - 7pm start
Location is in Hamilton
$0.50-$0.50 blinds
$100 buy-in with rebuys/add-ons up to 50% of biggest stack
9 seats max

*RAKE FREE*

*Multiple straddling starting from UTG is allowed (and maybe suggested, teased about, and even funded by other players occasionally)*
  1. trigs
  2. @g2
  3. @Card Dead
  4. @compuease
  5. @djgolfcan
  6. @niks1
  7. @moose311
  8. @torontotablecpt
  9. @DataMn

Waitlist:

Please post or PM for a seat.

I'm willing to open a second table if there's enough interest (probably 14 minimum).

Comments

• ImPLOcean is 5 cards with two turn cards, if I remember correctly. And I don't remember for sure, is it High only, or Hi/lo?

And Stumpler is 5 cards hi/lo with the river exception if there is no low possible, right?
  • ImPLOcean is played with 4 hole cards, but obviously can be played with more. Two turn cards. High only.

Stumpler is also played with 4 cards but can be more. Basically PLO8 but if no qualifying low on the board, the highest ranking hole card with the same suit as the river card wins the "low" half of the pot.
    g2
  • My head already hurts 🤕
  • What exactly does “two turn cards” mean?
    Do they get dealt at the same time?
    Can you use both or is it one or the other?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    What exactly does “two turn cards” mean?
    Do they get dealt at the same time?
    Can you use both or is it one or the other?

They get dealt at the same time. You can use any three of the six board cards to make your hand.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited February 2023
    g2 wrote: »
    ImPLOcean is 5 cards with two turn cards, if I remember correctly. And I don't remember for sure, is it High only, or Hi/lo?

There is both versions Hi and Lo but I think this is just high. I believe ImPLOcean 8 is the version with qualified lo. My feeling is we may have a Royal at some point in the night, 10 cards to choose your best 5 card hand. Anyone want to bet no one wins at showdown with A high? Maybe try it full double board? Might have 2 royals on the same hand... >:)
  • compuease wrote: »
    ImPLOcean is 5 cards with two turn cards, if I remember correctly. And I don't remember for sure, is it High only, or Hi/lo?

There is both versions Hi and Lo but I think this is just high. I believe ImPLOcean 8 is the version with qualified lo. My feeling is we may have a Royal at some point in the night, 10 cards to choose your best 5 card hand. Anyone want to bet no one wins at showdown with A high? Maybe try it full double board? Might have 2 royals on the same hand... >:)

Side Bet #1:
    If there are 2 royals on the same hand, 3:1 that Comp has both of them. 🤨

Place bets here.
    edited February 2023
    Card Dead wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »

Side Bet #1:

Place bets here.

I would fold one of them because that would be the loser... Now what is the suit order again? B)
    Card Dead
    edited February 2023
    Card Dead wrote: »
    Side Bet #1:

Place bets here.
    Ok, I will take that bet. I bet 300 to your 100 that I won't have 2 Royals... even on the night... Confirmed.. lol
    Niks to escrow.... We can't trust Devon cuz he would gamble it away..

Card Dead
  • edited February 2023
    @compuease I think I owe $25 from those online home games. Can you please confirm and if all works out (aka you don’t cancel) I’ll bring it.
    edited March 2023
    @compuease I think I owe $25 from those online home games. Can you please confirm and if all works out (aka you don’t cancel) I’ll bring it.

Yep I confirm $25. Will be there assuming weather is ok. If you are there $25. will be used as $5. raises in first 5 unraised hands that get to me. So you guys (and gal) be careful limping those first few hands... >:) Will make me feel like Da Pimp... and maybe make you nits open up a bit...
  • Everyone still good for tonight? Anyone not able to get out of their driveway or down their street?

Haven't heard from @woog30 if he can make it tonight yet, so one seat still available I think.
  • I'm still in
    trigscompuease
  • Got a bit of a cold, so unfortunately out.
    trigs
  • Hoping the plow will come soon as I don't think I can make it down my street at this point.
  • We didn’t get too much down here in God’s country, so I’m in like Flint 😏
    trigs
  • I’m still in, so far. How’s the hammer looking street plough wise?
    trigs
  • I’m still in, so far. How’s the hammer looking street plough wise?

I don't know how the main streets are, but my street is currently unplowed. I have to assume that it'll get done at some point today though before 7pm.
  • Well it is Hamilton, so don’t count on it. 🤪

I can shuttle ppl from the plaza on Mohawk if need be.
  • DJ and I are in.
    trigs
    Well it is Hamilton, so don’t count on it. 🤪

I can shuttle ppl from the plaza on Mohawk if need be.

Lol well let's hope it doesn't come to that.
  • niks1 wrote: »
    DJ and I are in.

Nice! That's enough for a game, so we are good to go.
  • Awesome. Just let us know if the street gets plowed so I know what vehicle I need
  • Due to something else being cancelled, I can come too if you still have room..

Al
    trigscompuease
    Awesome. Just let us know if the street gets plowed so I know what vehicle I need

Yup, I'll keep an eye on it.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Due to something else being cancelled, I can come too if you still have room..

Al

Nice Al. You got last seat.
  • Ok, will be 30 min late, grandsons playoff game delayed from 3 pm to 5:30 in Milton. Finish about 6:45, onsite there approx 7:30.

Assuming torontotablecpt is there with the $25., first 5 hands to me that are not raised prior to my turn to act POT! up to max of $5. As I said before we have to loosen up these nits... Hear me g2, Devon? Sorry Woog is not coming or I would have included him..
    trigsniks1
  • Plow came finally. My driveway is a little smaller than usual due to the snow, but there is room for a couple cars if people need it.
  • Do need us to bring anything ?