(K/W) The Compound 2022 Event #8 "The Closer" - $40 NLHE Freezeout - Wed, Nov 30th - 7pm

edited November 2022 in Poker Games
This is it! The final "points" event of 2022. The event where we'll crown the 2022 Player of the Year
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

<3 THE CLOSER- 2022 - EVENT #8 <3
NLHE Freezeout Tournament
Wed, Nov 30th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$40 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 15,000 Chips - 24 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
(1-5: Top 1, 6-9 Top 2, 10-15 Top 3, 16-24: Top 4, 25+: Top 5)
Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 5 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. shankargv
3. King Mob
4. DrTyore
5. MicroStakesGrinder
6. Scuba
7. Thiayg
8. Pizzle
9. EdTheTed
10. JJ Grubster

Comments

• In please.
  • Oh!

In for this too please.

Mark
  • edited November 2022
    I’d like to play please.

Can you email me?

Timolx@gmail.com

KWMatt can vouch for me.
    kwmatt
  • Does this game need a bump?
    MicroStakesGrinder
  • pls add Thiayg for the game tonight
  • The evening ended up being a tad sparsely attended, but fun was still had! With the participants, King Mob was the only player that had a shot of taking the PoY title if he finished first, while Zithal finished no higher than 4th.

It was not to be as King Mob was the second player eliminated and for the first time since originally hosting, Zithal becomes the 2022 Player of the Year! As the tournament wore down, first time player MicroStakesGrinder finished on the bubble, with Pizzle, DrTyore and EdTheTed fighting for top prize.

DrTyore was never able to get to an even chip stack against our eventual winner, EdTheTed!

1st - EdTheTed ($200) - 32 points
    2nd - DrTyore ($120) - 22 points
    3rd - Pizzle ($80) - 18 points
    4th - MicroStakesGrinder - 16 points
    5th - JJ
    6th - Scuba
    7th - Zithal
    8th - Thiyagu
    9th - King Mob
    10th - Shankargv

I'll be posting the final results of the Player of the Year competition in a separate thread.
    karthikilan82