Comped Resort Poker Room

In case any poker player you know is interested in the next comped resort stay on March 9-19, 2023 in Mississippi, let me know. Ted, Pat, June, Shannon, Angela, Angie, Ginzi, Alan, Stuart, Barry, Grant, Mike, Eric, Mark, Bill & Richard have already reserved a free room, as the limited number of free rooms will probably be gone by October.

TRIP REPORT

There were around 20 Canadians, almost all recreational players. Read about the Canucks' many cashes @ http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/indexb.htm. "Alan Close of Canada (they are cashing everything) won U$20,000 for second."

The cash games were even juicier, with only $5 max rake or 30-minute session fee. I have never seen such crazy cash games, with a $30,000 pot in the 1/3 game. I personally saw a friend win a $45,000 pot in PLO. The biggest pot I heard was $60,000 in 2/5 PLO. One sore loser was complaining about losing to the Canadians in the cash games this year & he couldn't wait for us to go back to Canada, LOL.

Even Allen Kessler was there, getting staked for buy-ins as low as $350. :o He made some positive posts about the High Roller Event, Kem cards & free drinks. "Complainsaw" did complain about a ruling where he tried to angle shoot using his knowledge of the technical definition of Substantial Action. Canadian pro Grant & the dealer confirmed that the first player to act was thinking & did not have enough time to protect his hand before out-of-turn checks & complainsaw was the 3rd quick checker to try to angle shoot for a free card on the turn or possibly even try to kill the first player's winning hand. I talked to the TDs who correctly ruled based on the best interest of the game & fairness, instead of complainsaw's angle shooting.

nylgajmbkxbv.png

hyt6ymdaeu8p.png
Underground player had only 3 small HendonMob cashes since 1998 but won over $25,000 in two events!

jxp4cvdfboq1.png
Local player Stuart making the final table & qualifying for the GCP Tour Championship in March.

te5vl3xr4d97.png

vrf1j4mt9mtv.png
Free multi-course dinners & most breakfasts, along with free alcohol & Kessler-approved drinks

Comments